Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shodown at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepR View Post
I dont need a national BB network, I live in the city, and have wireless. I dont need your increasing doctors/hospitals and the like, as I get free everything. So Julia... "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY....?!?!"

Brent.
It not always about the individual but rather whats in the country's best interest. The "I am no better off" / "what do I get out of government X" attitudes do fuck all on improving / investing in our countries future. I get faster broadband speeds tethering to my HD2 phone than I can on DSL. But if every Tom, Dick n Harry starts utilizing wireless mediums, we are back at square one. I think if Abbott hadn't insisted on scrapping the NBN he would have more than likely gotten the top job.

And whilst you may not require those doctors / hospitals at the moment, that will one day change and I am guessing you will no longer be getting free medical.

I for one am sick of the scare campaigns and wish there were legislation introduced whereby the Parties could only advertise factual information and introduce their policies.

Then half the rednecks and white trash wouldn't necessarily be swayed to vote one way or another based on the fact they might get $900 for a new plasma / foxtel.

My sister was working at a polling booth on election day and had some interesting stories to tell about said rednecks.....
Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
Fairly disappointed with the outcome.
Close to $10billion to the region areas??!! My guess is that close to 99% of people live in the cities. Could pretty much buy all of regional Australia for 10billion
well this guy is clearly a retard ^
Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
BUT jEstEr?, what has regional Australia done for you lately? It just sits out there... being all regional n shit!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

type25 at standard level

I am disapointed that the 2 of the 3 stupids (independants) went against what their electorates wanted (the coalition had the highest primary vote) and have give the ranga and her fucked up govt. the opportunity to show us why they shouldn't be in power at all.

EPIC failure, here we come!

I like the vast majority, don't understand this dumb arsed preference system, where the party you may vote for can basically hand ball your vote to another party that you wouldn't vote for.

I say scrap this preference bullshit and call another election.

I think this would result in an overwhelming landslide victory to the coalition.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Dawn Patrol at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
I was joking about being able to buy regional oz for 10billion...a little sarcasm
I do appreciate that they (regional folk) provide a lot for for us, but my understanding is that a lot of this money will probably get spent on items such as new medical facilities and schools. I also understand that everybody would desire to have access to great facilities, and that that is a fair desire.
But, I think if you choose to live in the bush, there is never going to be a hospital on, or near, your doorstep. Same goes for a school. It is something that shouldn't be expected. I'm not saying this in a rude way, but it is unrealistic and probably impossible for people living in regional areas to gain this.
Again, I don't mean this in a rude way to anybody that doesn't live in a major city, but I think there are better ways to spend 10billion dollars(which is a farrrk load of money) To be honest, I don't really know the state of the medical facilities in regional areas, maybe there are completely shithouse and this is 100% necessary. But I've never heard it to be inadequate.
I just don't think the priorities are right.

Lol, my comment does sound retarded reading back...
Old 08-09-2010, 07:47 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

the kiwi at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
To be honest, I don't really know the state of the medical facilities in regional areas, maybe there are completely shithouse and this is 100% necessary. But I've never heard it to be inadequate.
I just don't think the priorities are right.

Form my small experiences in Kalgoorlie, yes medical facilities are shithouse.

Think of it this way.

People and especially the young move towards cultural centres. ie the cities through the process of urbanisation. This is a cultural, social, technological and fiscal transference of population. The key driving factors of this is money and services. That being with a population of millions perth is able to have the subiaco ovals and multiple hospitals.

Now think if money is more readily available in a more regional area. ie Broome. where an airport, large hospital, university and the dockers are all located. Now instead of the far north having FIFO out of perth with would be FIFO out of broome. More people would choose to live there as more population = more service jobs= more incentives for business = growth.

Thus money for regional schemes is money promoting the decentralisation of urbanisation.

How much tax does the far north put into the state and federal coffers? and how much goes back into the local (ie nearest) towns.

tl;dr: read it, you may learn something.

Tags
government