Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   DIVORCE question (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/39542-divorce-question.html)

XT43 12-01-2011 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=perthzed;526632]Offically as far as the taxman is concerned it's $60k, more like $100k in reality.
[/QUOTE]

Hence why his missus is asking for 80%

Kato 12-01-2011 11:34 AM

Off topic...

But given the mum will still have to work and it is 50/50 share of the kids, what is the reasoning behind the assets not being split 50/50?

Why can't the dad say he wants the kids 51% (i.e. kids are in his custody) and 80%?

I've always been curious why the kids never go to the custody of the dad and the mum gets the lower %?

MadDocker 12-01-2011 12:15 PM

Women are all for equality/equal rights until it comes to shit like this.

EVL WRX 12-01-2011 01:06 PM

Divorced 7 years ago, no kids, both worked so it was a straight 50% split down the middle for me. Add in kids and the guy gets FARKED over hard 99% of the time.

80% is high, but i know a couple guys who were financially ruined (ie lost almost everything AND had to pay well over 50% of their continuing income on child support/alimony) so as others have said get your mate to find a good lawyer.

mARC 12-01-2011 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;526639]Why can't the dad say he wants the kids 51%[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you understand the value of that 1% when the ratio is as above. Its most probably the reason why they may not agree to it.

EVL WRX 12-01-2011 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;526639]Off topic...

But given the mum will still have to work and it is 50/50 share of the kids, what is the reasoning behind the assets not being split 50/50?

Why can't the dad say he wants the kids 51% (i.e. kids are in his custody) and 80%?

I've always been curious why the kids never go to the custody of the dad and the mum gets the lower %?[/QUOTE]

Put simply, the courts have no problem letting the mother stay home to raise the kids and not work, so they make the father pay more..

BUT

If the father wants full or more custody than the mother, they won't allow him to not work to look after them, and will say he can't raise them properly if he works full time..

not fair in any sense but that's the way the law works....

Kato 12-01-2011 01:29 PM

^^^ Yeah this is my point.

Equality everywhere, but you don't see the courts allowing a stay at home dad. Or if both parents are working 8 hours a day, I don't see how the persons job changes the fact the kids are in child care for up to 8 hours a day.

Wonder what happens in a gay marriage that adopts kids and then splits up...?

EVL WRX 12-01-2011 01:33 PM

same result, just the names change in teh court docs from Mother and Father to Pitcher and Catcher... :D

MadDocker 12-01-2011 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=EVL WRX;526682]... a couple guys who were financially ruined (ie lost almost everything AND had to pay well over 50% of their continuing income on child support/alimony)[/QUOTE]

In this case, what would happen if you quit your job, got on the dole and possibly even got into debt?

EVL WRX 12-01-2011 02:06 PM

alot of guys do exactly that, cause they are no worse off living on the dole than having a decent job but losing a huge chunk of it to the ex...

My ex bro in law was told to cancel his life and health ins so he had more disposable income each fortnight to give to his ex wife so he could meet the court ordered sum....

Really REALLY sux cause she did the dirty on him and left....