Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level
Default Western Flop

Am I alone in thinking the Western Force are just plain crap! Have been to both their home games and disappointed would be an understatement. Sure, the vibe and atmosphere was there the first game, last night the crowd had dropped by nearly 8000. We had the excuse of "oh, the brumbies have half the wallabies in their side", then the second game excuse "oh, its only their second game", whats the excuse now "oh, the lights were too bright at subi!!"?

Their defence is appauling, the seem to consistently appear to lose their legs in the second half and they fumble more than any other side i've seen play.

They're going to have to sharpen their act or fans will give up, I mean... we've already got the dockers!! I spose though, this does even up the good/crap ratio in WA football codes-

GOOD:
Eagles & Glory

CRAP:
Dockers & Force

My 2 cents

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 25-02-2006, 12:20 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ORSMREX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to ORSMREX

Seem's like that, by the looks of it there having trouble forming together as a team which does take time

btw GO Glory
Old 25-02-2006, 01:38 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

They are pretty shit lookin atm but when they start to get into form as team they will do much better, being a rugby player i can say that being established amongst the team and developing trust with ur teamates can take a while but is sweet when it happens
Old 25-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY REXTC
GOOD:
Eagles & Glory

CRAP:
Dockers & Force

My 2 cents
also under good you can count the wildcats.

wa is generally pretty good at sports, but never being a big rugby state its gonna be hard for the western force to take off, remeber we had the western reds for a while, they completly flopped and then moved.

if anything it will take years for the force to get any good.
Old 25-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Sportsfan at standard level

well being a huge rugby fan i'm very pleased to support the force, and yes i agree it takes time to bond. But lets face it they have a great coach in Mitch. I must say that at line-out time they seem to have it , but ball handling leaves alot to be desired. I to am a season ticket holder and as i now live in perth i thought it would be good to support the locals. But my heart is still with my home team and the best team in the competition, and yes another win for the crusaders (even if it was a close one)

Keep up the support i'm sure it will improve.
Old 25-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

swan-dogg at standard level

our forward pak is good at the break down, get the "pill" (sorry just had to use it lol ) bak most of the time, but only wen they get to the break down, and the bak line cant pass so try kicking but havent realised that they cant do that either!! need to get a ball hog at 5/8 and just run like fuk.

but yea, crowd seemed dead on fri nite in comparison to first game

at least theres one good thing to come out of it all, subi cranks afterwards, takes less time to get a beer at packed pub/club than at subi oval lol

go the force, and thats another thing we need a desent chant, i mean "go the force!!" how creative
Old 25-02-2006, 05:21 PM
STI Master

Chrus at standard level

Yed think that professional rugby players would be able to intergrate better and "Gel" as a unit. Its blindly obvious that they're going to take time to sort it out. Quite possibly a whole season?? Ill still follow their progress, barack for them when they play S'African teams, even though im a H'canes supporter from way back.
Old 25-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N
also under good you can count the wildcats.

wa is generally pretty good at sports, but never being a big rugby state its gonna be hard for the western force to take off, remeber we had the western reds for a while, they completly flopped and then moved.

if anything it will take years for the force to get any good.
Firstly dude... Wildcats are not in any code of Football!! I was saying two good and two bad teams in different WA Football codes.

Secondly, Wetsern Reds were League, not Union, and we all know WA is a strong Union state - go the CFMEU & Big Bad Joe! jks

The force will take off, I'll be supporting them all the way, but just frustrating when they keep making the same mistakes over and over. I dont think it'll take years for them to develop, just need to send em to QLD for a 'team bonding session' with a few local girls MINUS the rape charges!!

Its all good, they'll prove themselves to be an asset eventually. Oh and yeah, have to agree with swanndogg - PATHETIC chants!! Like a fifth grade swimming carnival! Back line needs to run harder and pass later, they pass too quick and dont advance enough because of it.

Josh

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me

Last edited by DEDLYWEPN; 25-02-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 25-02-2006, 06:14 PM
STI Master

Andy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Andy

go out there and play the game youself if you know the game so well.

go on, do it.
Old 25-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

i was just referring to sporting teams in general, we have ssuccessful teams in most codes, even the western warriors have success, thats why all these codes r reasonbly big here, coz rugby has never really taken off in either codes here its hard for the a team to survive here, it doesnt matter wot codes the reds are, i had no idea wot code they were...see what i mean bout wa and rugby haha. Rugby isnt as big here as it is in qld and nsw so it will be harder for WA to get a good supportive team goin here. Im not saying the force will fold but i think it will be hard for em...at least for a while. Good luck to em thou.

Tags
flop, western