Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-03-2011, 07:25 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wikid_sticks at standard level
Default are perth drivers getting more and more lazier on the roads?

ok guys, just a bit of a story about what happened today.

just made it home from work and im pretty shaken up.. sorry about the explicit language, im pretty angry.. ahhh. seriously, everyone needs to read this and pay more attension on the road!!! no wonder perth has a reputation for bad drivers!

driving home from work today, pulled out of my work, 2nd street on the left, a bloke in a ute pulls out on me. locked up the brakes onto the otherside of the road.. pulled up and and got a full apology off him. idiot!! shaking like fuck i continued driving. for those who know the area. driving down bickley rd in maddinton, where it turns into kenwick rd.. doing the speed limit (50), a kid on a bike tries to cross the road infront of me!! on the skids again, couldnt swearve around him because of an island. i was literly 30cm from hitting him. fuuuuuckkkk!! cop car driving the opposide way saw everything the kid wasnt wearning a helmet. cop flashes his lights and pulls up. the kid is in trouble!! deep breaths.

so i thought nothing else is gonna happen. just calm down.. nothing a beer cant fix when i get home. right? lol

continue driving home. fukin lights are out, royal st and kenwick link. ARGHH!!!! haha. managed to get through the set of lights with a lady pulling out infront of the car infront of me. lol. haha atleast it wasnt me right? so i crawl throught that set of lights, thinkin yesss, screw u grim reaper!!! i made it ..

well as i continued my nightmare drive home, FUKIN BAM!!!! another set of lights out!!! this time at a busy intersection of spencer road and spring rd. wtf seriously.

transperth bus on the side of the road pulled up, no indicator on.. dropping people off. wondering if hes gonna pull out on me.

soo kids, what have we learnt??

if you can't drive, take some advice from people that actually KNOW how to drive and KNOW the road rules.

if you don't follow the road rules, (indicating out of roundabouts etc). think about this.. because of fuckwits like you, accidents are caused! how would you feel if you killed an innocent person. more so, how would you feel if you or someone killed a person you cared about.

if your not a confident driver, whats to stop you from going out and doing an advanced driving course? a bit of fun and you might learn a thing or two.

now i know some of you peeps are thinking im a hypocrite, because of my previous driving offenses, (speeding, hooning, wreckless, failing to stop, exessive noise, to name a few) haha but loosing your licence for a year and a half actually sinks into your brain! you learn from your mistakes and i suppose the only thing i can benifit out of these situations is.. my experience probably got me out of the shit today.

so a few questions.

are perth drivers getting more and more lazier on the roads? this is properly a known fact as the population is growing.

so how can we, as a state improve on this? advanced driving courses compulsory for learner drivers?

who has ever been a passenger in a car and felt like they were going to die, because the driver was a fukin moron!!??
Old 24-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Fukin bam!!!!
Old 24-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level

fuck. couldn't agree with you more. i deliver parts in the work van for a few hours each day. and over the past year and half i've been doing it, fuck me, i could fill this thread with stories. i'll normally wake up happy, and within the 5min drive it takes me to get to work, i'll be pissed off. and driving during the day, i'll get even more pissed off. and by the time i get home, a beer ain't gonna cut it.

fucking sick of perth drivers! and it's funny because NOTHING will change.
Old 24-03-2011, 08:05 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

I drove on Kenwick Link around 3.30pm today and the lights were fine lucki;ly
Old 24-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Sir AntiLag

Chum at standard level

Best way to get better at driving, play hours of GT5.

But seriously, Ive done the RAC defensive and performance driving courses and they help alot with avoiding accidents/knowing what to do so you remain confident. Should be compulsory for all drivers.
Old 24-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

subasurf at standard level

People in Perth are just fucking selfish (on and off the road) and think they're the only ones on the road. They're actually surprised when you honk at them as they almost wipe you out for not checking their blind spot as they change lanes at the last moment. "OH dear!!! There are OTHER people driving today?"

Fuckwits. Don't get me started on useless Perth cunts when they try and merge or use a fucking roundabout.
...aaaand REALLY don't get me started on fucking stupid ass parents teaching their kids how to drive a manual on busy streets. Take it to the industrial area or empty carparks fuck heads.
Old 24-03-2011, 08:20 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subasurf View Post
People in Perth are just fucking selfish (on and off the road) and think they're the only ones on the road. They're actually surprised when you honk at them as they almost wipe you out for not checking their blind spot as they change lanes at the last moment. "OH dear!!! They are OTHER people driving today?"
on the other hand, you get knobs who just sit in your blindspot. you speed up, they speed up . you slow down, they slow down but they don't want to overtake. Multinovas are partly to blame.
Old 24-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Sir AntiLag

Okibi at standard level

They're not lazy, it's just they're taking advice from the gumbyment, chilling the fux out, relaxing, taking in the world around them, looking at other drivers, sticking their heads out the window, turning their car into a relaxing bubble where nothing can harm them, driving with hands at the top of the steering wheels and not wearing seatbelts ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwfwyaHXDk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwfwyaHXDk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390">

Doh got no idea why youtube link isn't working ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwfwyaHXDk
Old 24-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Sign me up!
82 of 200

_daz_ at standard level

What do you mean other people use my road!!!
OP i'm sure you must have strayed onto their road, and not been on your own road, how silly of you

(=

That wasn't a U-turn! It was two consecutive right hand turns.
Old 24-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

bird at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okibi View Post
Doh got no idea why youtube link isn't working ..

On topic though, i agree it's getting worse.

Every morning the freeway goes relatively well until any type of merging is needed.

It's stupid, because when merging, one person slows down a little bit, forcing the person behind them to slow a little bit more, and before you know it it's a standstill.

That, and people just don't accelerate enough on the on ramps and thus force the flow of the traffic on the freeway to completely stop.

Tags
dickhead piece of shit, drivers, i once saw a butterfly on the road, indictors, its indicators*, lazier, perth, roads, sandy vaginas, theres a reason why they are there, what are indictors???