Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Tiger Airways... RIP??? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/41721-tiger-airways-rip.html)

mitchwnz 21-04-2011 11:32 AM

Tiger Airways... RIP???

This hasn't come soon enough IMO.

Tiger should not be able to opperate in Australia.. hopefully they are gone soon.

[URL]http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/news/safety-body-casa-is-hunting-a-tiger/story-e6frg2qu-1226042681109[/URL]

GTB Liberty 21-04-2011 11:48 AM

Sadly the moment they do watch every Australian fare go through the roof. They were keeping Virgin and Qantas/Jetstar fares reasonable. Now that there gone they'll be indirect pricing collusion.

I can remember the Ansett / TAA days when flying to Sydney from LA was a half the cost of a flight than Sydney to Perth.

meatbag 21-04-2011 12:02 PM

^ WHS!

I'd never fly with tiger, but their presence kept the other airlines honest.

Latenitez 21-04-2011 12:08 PM

I flew with tiger and the actuall flight was very cruisy but leg room was horrible but didnt have any other problems and the flight was on time and staff on board were fine, but that is what you get for cheap ass flights

MY99GT 21-04-2011 12:10 PM

I flew with Tiger a couple of times to Phuket etc and always found them good. You get what you pay for tho, which is a basic flight with not much in the way of comforts. Would happily fly with them again.

V3 RA 21-04-2011 01:18 PM

I perform ground handling at Perth Airport for Tiger and they're rarely on time if they come at all. They absolutely rape their aircraft by flying them virtually 24/7 and if one goes U/S (which is often) it sends the whole schedule into chaos resulting in cancellations etc, no customer service whatsoever.

but as pointed out they are low cost and they do that very very well, i'm sure they're turning over some profit, the excess baggage people pay out of perth alone is massive! OTP is horrible haha.

mitchwnz 21-04-2011 01:24 PM

My post in the 'things that shit me thread'

Ex Perth to Melbourne on Friday night after work... checked in online, went to airport, paid for long term parking find out flight has been cancelled (no phone call, no email).

Go to the counter and get told the next flight is tomorrow night (WTF I'm going for the weekend).. Then get told there is actually a flight that night but not until 11pm.. grab the last two seats on this flight, the other 30 customers in line miss out.

Leave the airport and come back 4 hours later for our flight to find it has been delayed by an hour.. don't leave perth until 12:30pm.. arrive Melbourne close to 6:30am and you cannot get any sleep on a tiger seat.. no space and no comfort..

All good.. we only lose a bit of time.

Go to fly home on Sunday.. Get called by our airport transfer company that our flight has again been cancelled... no phone call.. no email top tell us... this time it is too late for us to get on a later flight as this has been fully booked.

Call Tiger to ask for a solution, get told the next flight is not for a couple of days as the rest are full... so ask for a refund and find out we will not get this for 4-6 weeks FU FU FU FU!!!!!

Fork out 1300 to get home on Sunday night to make work today on Virgin.. don't get home until after 10:30pm Perth time after waiting for an 8:00pm flight.

I know I shouldn't trust tiger after all the bad stuff I heard, but honestly this is just the worst fucking service I've EVER experienced. This airline should not be allowed to opperate under these conditions in Australia.

Girlfriend is now trying to go them for damages in court.. SIF we will get anything but at least there is no legal fees for her.

update on this... ACCC has told us we have no case as Tiger is an overseas entity and we would need to take them to court in Singapore for damages.

V3 RA 21-04-2011 01:27 PM

that is an accurate account of the tiger experience!

the poor girls out the front who work for my company get blasted by passangers for delays, cancellations etc. Even we don't get notification of when the fuckers are coming in so there is no way the passangers will!

saturation 21-04-2011 02:27 PM

Flew with tiger once, they changed flights, I spent an hour giving them shit on the phone to get on a flight the day before but other than that wasnt bad.

Air Asia FTW so far. have had 0 problems would fly and recommend again.

GTB Liberty 21-04-2011 03:03 PM

I'd agree, Air Asia on Australian routes would be excellent.

Surprisingly good meals when ordered online.