Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level
Default Car to fit 2 adults and 3 kids under 5

As a few may know, I have a 3rd kid on the way. By end of the year I will have a newborn, 2 and 4 year old.
Currently I have my GF8 which will be kept regardless.
Wife has an MY03 XS Foz and I have a 97 SF Foz as a work bunky/car to drive for when I respray my wagon (soon I hope).
Anyone here have 3 kids of a similar age in the back of a foz? Currently debating if I should sell 1 or both of the fozs and possibly get something like a mid 90s Tarago. Basically the value of the fozs is the budget (sub $15k ideally) so shoot me some suggestions.

Last edited by GX-REX; 12-06-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 21-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Sir AntiLag

wrxr2d2 at standard level

We are planning to have a third in a couple of years. We ended up with a outlander, but for a big roomy car we were heading towards a seven seater territory or even a tribeca, the ford is fairly cheap, but a little heavy on the juice. I wound never get a bus, my choice. Even have a look at the seven seater outlander or even the subaru liberty 6 seater.
Old 21-05-2011, 08:28 AM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

I am in the same boat as I have 3 under 5. As one of the major things you may need to take into account is "will 3 kiddy seats fit across the back seat" it limit things a little. The ol' holden commodore does the trick but we were looking at the Mazda CX9. Took one for a drive and is really good, heaps of room everywhere. I'm 6'6 and can sit in the back seat without knees touching front seats. Also plenty of head room.
Old 21-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Had thought of a commodore but figure if I am going to get another car may as well get a 7 seater so we can take a friend or two if/when needed. Kia carnival is out of the question as they have 2 bucket seats as the second row so not really suitable putting kids seats right up the back. Pretty sure the Chrysler Voyager is same set up. Have heard the territory is pretty thirsty. Budget being $15k max puts the CX7/CX9 out of the equation as well...
Old 21-05-2011, 09:36 AM
STI Master

norwest_rumbler at standard level

for three kids seats across the 2nd row the terri is one of the best around & the option of 2 more in the back (or adults) is a big bonus.
i dont find the fuel use all that bad at all, but i do have just the rwd version (7seater) so that might help over say the awd ones.
we had a 04 magna that used to get 12/l per 100 & the terri gets 13l/100 at worst.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:06 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pablo668 at standard level

This.

Old 21-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

BA wagon ?

Maybe a cheap territory with 7 seat pack? I had one through work for a couple of weeks, took 7 full sized adults to a festival no probs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21-05-2011, 11:23 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

tarmac at standard level

We are on our second Chrysler voyager, our 09 has the stow and go folding seat which is very good but our old one 07 the seats were removable and the bench from the back could come to the middle position which then gives you a giant boot. The 07 had a petrol engine which was super silent the 09 is diesel. Both have good spec air etc . Double sliding door are great too,you don't get the kids bashing doors everytime they hop out
Old 12-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Been looking a little over the weekend, and pretty much have it narrowed down to a 00 - 05 Tarago. Dual sliding doors and middle and rear seats being on the same sliding rails makes it a winner.

So next question, anyone know of a decent one sub $15k?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxr2d2 View Post
We are planning to have a third in a couple of years. We ended up with a outlander, but for a big roomy car we were heading towards a seven seater territory or even a tribeca, the ford is fairly cheap, but a little heavy on the juice. I wound never get a bus, my choice. Even have a look at the seven seater outlander or even the subaru liberty 6 seater.
@ the ford being heavy on juice...have you considered the new territory turbo-diesel will be a better buy in the long run, and is a lot more fuel efficient than the 4ltr 6 petrol. just food for though and another possible option for the OP

Tags
adults, car, fit, kids