Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   failway couriers (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/42639-failway-couriers.html)

squid 03-06-2011 01:38 PM

failway couriers

Usually i try and ensure that a decent courier is used where possible. I brought a radiator from car mods australia, and they told they would use tnt (good courier imo) and it would be 2, 3 days, 4 tops - so i accepted it and payed for the radiator, as i needed it urgently for my car. that was more than two weeks ago, and thanks to 'fastway couriers' my radiator still isn't even in perth. i was told a week ago that there were delays at the airport, sat on the phone again for half an hour at uni today, as caller number 1 (the most frustrating insurance's that you will be next, ive ever heard) until a rude lady answered the phone. apparently there has been a train accident, in which my radiator isn't damaged, but there will be further delays. now they are definitely fucking with me, and should be named and shamed - avoid if at all possible, Ive heard a few stories about them, and they have never been good.

Or am i just the unluckiest guy on the planet? what did i do to upset the gods?

macmillionare 03-06-2011 02:15 PM

tnt are overrated, they lost a box of ipad's shipped to my workplace!
Australian Air Express are super fast and Air Road are also pretty good.
Fastway shall be renamed Slow-way :p

mitchwnz 03-06-2011 02:17 PM

LOL @ TNT being reliable/good.

^^ AAE are owned by Qantas and charge crackpipe amounts for domestic Airfreight... use somebody like Startrack.

tuna 03-06-2011 03:19 PM

australia post.

MadDocker 03-06-2011 03:20 PM

+1 for Startrack with day to day goods. Everyone has their issues but Startrack have looked after us since we switched to them.

Pimpreza 03-06-2011 03:22 PM

TNT, fucking magic company, back in the olden days they lost my S Series Valiant for 3 weeks apparently it went to the wrong train station in Qld ......... on it's way to Perth.

mitchwnz 03-06-2011 03:25 PM

I can reccomend for larger items (Pallets) a company called Mainfreight. Very good domestic road service (Express).. Online tracking/POD's and very competitive rates.

Rexxar 03-06-2011 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=tuna;572405]australia post.[/QUOTE]
not sure if srs Stace, my "express" post coming from eastern states is still in Sydney DC hub - was told 2-3 working days.
Was suppose to be here before weekend ordered last Friday.

I have good experience with Fedex/UPS & TNT

Bob 03-06-2011 03:35 PM

It's occasionally hit and miss with all the major carriers. They all have their moments.
I used AAE to get a parcel from Ossy park to the souther Perth suburbs. It took a week.
Most times though its as good as overnight.