Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Airport Security Parking - Who's used it?? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/43227-airport-security-parking-whos-used.html)

DEDLYWEPN 04-07-2011 09:27 AM

Airport Security Parking - Who's used it??

I'm heading to Broome for 11 days and considering using Airport Security Parking.

I'm not sure whether to go that way or just park in the Long Term parking area. Looking for feedback from anyone that's used them.

Cheers,
Josh

perthzed 04-07-2011 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=DEDLYWEPN;581875]I'm heading to Broome for 11 days and considering using Airport Security Parking.

I'm not sure whether to go that way or just park in the Long Term parking area. Looking for feedback from anyone that's used them.

Cheers,
Josh[/QUOTE]

I was in Bali for 2 weeks and left my wheels in the Long Term parking and it was fine. I noticed some people also use car covers.

sti02wrx 04-07-2011 09:33 AM

parking

I was using this as well, I now get airport transfers(taxi vouchers), care of work!! it is good, however you need to ensure you arrive early as sometimes you need to drive around to find a spot. Also from memory it is $70-$80 a week, so therefore 11 day should be just over $100. In my opion your better to leave it at home and catch a taxi, this can also be a tax claim as it is essential travel to work or get your company to pay!!1 if it is for work!!

Tony

GTB Liberty 04-07-2011 09:51 AM

The usefulness of long term parking diminishes over time when compared to the cost of catching a taxi in and out. I have found that after a length of approximately 10 days your financially better off leaving the car at home.

Regardless, we have used long term (not security) parking on numerous occasions with no issues. Just don't park under a tree unless your planning a paint detail when you get back.

DEDLYWEPN 04-07-2011 09:54 AM

I live in Mandurah, so can't see a taxi being financially viable.

Bob 04-07-2011 10:03 AM

The only issue I've had with the long term car parks was when they were doing all the construction. Being locked in with no attending security is a PITA when you just want to get home. Since this however it's all good. The car just gets filthy.

DAN682 04-07-2011 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=DEDLYWEPN;581875]I'm heading to Broome for 11 days and considering using Airport Security Parking.

Cheers,
Josh[/QUOTE]

Never again. I used to leave my WRX there, every time I came back from Hedland, the battery was flat due to them fucking with the Brant. It got dings and all kinds of shit whilst there and a few years back, posted on Perth-WRX somebody who worked there wrapped a customers car around a tree.

[QUOTE=DEDLYWEPN;581886]I live in Mandurah, so can't see a taxi being financially viable.[/QUOTE]

You will be surprised. I use Dennis and Colleen at Quayside, they are in mariners cove, pick you up in a statesman, drop you off and pick you up again and it is less than airport parking.

GTB Liberty 04-07-2011 11:11 AM

Another option is Park n Fly Perth.

[URL="http://www.parkandflyperth.com.au"]Perth Park n Fly[/URL]

It's run my a mate of a mate and they must do OK as they are expanding to have more parking spaces availed.

DEDLYWEPN 04-07-2011 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=DAN682;581925]
You will be surprised. I use Dennis and Colleen at Quayside, they are in mariners cove, pick you up in a statesman, drop you off and pick you up again and it is less than airport parking.[/QUOTE]
Thought they'd sold out? What sort of $$$ Dan?

Kato 04-07-2011 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=DAN682;581925]You will be surprised. I use Dennis and Colleen at Quayside, they are in mariners cove, pick you up in a statesman, drop you off and pick you up again and it is less than airport parking.[/QUOTE]

^^ This. Get their number off Dan.

I've used them to go to the footy before (fuckin' balla). Was a special occasion and with multiple pickups it was cheaper than a taxi and on time too. Personal service ftw!