Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Come & Join Me At The Deen (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/43908-come-join-me-deen.html)

Rossco 05-08-2011 05:37 PM

Consumption on Licensed Premises

It is [B][U]not [/U][/B]acceptable for licensees to:
1. [U]Externally advertise a complimentary drink upon arrival, unless the drink is provided ancillary to another service such as accommodation or food.[/U]
2. Promote or sell drinks that offer alcohol:
 in non standard measures (unless lesser amount); and/or
 by virtue of their emotive titles such as – “laybacks”, “shooters”, “slammers”, “test tubes”, “blasters”
3. Offer or provide drink or loyalty cards that provide:
 a multiple of free drinks;

In other words, the drink/loyalty card must not, by design or potential misuse, create an incentive for patrons to consume liquor more rapidly, and/or in greater amounts than they otherwise might.

4.[U][B] Offer, provide or distribute promotional cards, vouchers or incentives, away from the licensed premises, that provide free or discounted drinks.[/B][/U]
5.[U][B] Undertake promotions of discounted alcohol for a limited duration,[/B][/U] in which discounted alcohol is the enticement for people to attend the premises and which may encourage the irresponsible consumption of liquor, however:
a) it is an acceptable practice to conduct two "traditional happy hour" (i.e. of 60 minutes duration) during or immediately following normal day-time working hours, [U][B]provided there is at least four hours separation between each happy hour and happy hour has ceased by 7.00 pm;[/B][/U]

Been there done that have the T-shirt.

Good luck....Now you know why no one else advertises like this.....Big fines in the 10's of thousands.

elwyn 05-08-2011 05:40 PM

ok, should i just remove this thread then?

Rossco 05-08-2011 05:42 PM

I'd be more worried about your facebook page & the Department of Racing Gaming And Liquor catching wind of it.

Is the Approved Manager of The Deen aware of this??

elwyn 05-08-2011 05:44 PM

righto.

Bigboosst 05-08-2011 05:53 PM

I take that righto as a no? Im poor, and can't afford fuel let alone copious amounts of liqour. Don't take this away from me.. =P

Jordiee 05-08-2011 06:03 PM

did anyone tell you that you should be a lawyer rossco, or an engineer?

apg39 05-08-2011 06:05 PM

Anyone else keen to go for the happy hour, smash as many as possible & bugger off before we have to start paying for them?

Rossco 05-08-2011 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=Jordiee;593958]did anyone tell you that you should be a lawyer rossco, or an engineer?[/QUOTE]

Having previously been the Approved manager of a Pub/Micro Brewery & nightclub, I may have a bit of an insight. :rolleyes:

The laws & penalties are harsh man....They are a trap for the unaware/newb.

GTB Liberty 05-08-2011 07:51 PM

I figured you'd inform him Rossco. Rossco and I are just trying to save someone from an expensive mistake.

Me personally ... Throw me a bar card, give me my VIP discount and let's do some shooters, layback some tequila and finish with vodka/red bull.

Rossco 05-08-2011 09:52 PM

Laybacks....... Good times!!