Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Bad Batch of Ultimate??? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/4415-bad-batch-ultimate.html)

WRXTATIC 22-03-2006 11:54 AM

Bad Batch of Ultimate???

Hey crew

I've just had my car up at Tenagah as she's running like a bag of crap at the moment....very laggy under load like she's starving.

Had a few power runs with data logger hooked up and apparently the injectors are running well under capacity. Was told mines about the third car in this week with similar problem and could be bad batch of fuel.

Anyone else been fueling up at BP Belridge shops having problems? I've fueled there three times in past month....Prior have been at BP East Perth with no probs.

Cheers.

maniac 22-03-2006 12:01 PM

I had major dramas some time ago and I swear it was the fuel, after I changed my regular fillup servo everything sorted out.

But it wasnt out Belridge that I had dramas.

Mat 22-03-2006 12:02 PM

I noticed similiar problems after filling up at BP Carine a while back. Just didnt seem "right" and the even the bloke behind the counter said he doesnt sell a lot of 98....

How long does fuel take to go off? If its been sitting in the tanks for a while, surely its a possibility?

EDIT. Thinking back to it, using a generator 250kms past Esperance last week we ran into some problems with off fuel.. The generator works fine normally but my mate started using fuel that had been sitting in a jerry can in his garage for the last 6-8mths... Ran alright for a little while but eventually it spat the dummy!

AC Schnitzer 22-03-2006 12:33 PM

No dramas for me since I fill up at the one along albany hwy. Are we talking about RON issues ? I hardly think its contamination since the filters are in place unless its some fluid or something, I could be wrong.

Shinobiken 22-03-2006 12:43 PM

Bp morley is ok for sure.

[BANNED] 22-03-2006 12:58 PM

No problems from my way thus far. Hope there isnt any bad batches around though :(

Hope you get the problem(s) sorted Paul!

TeamSik4lyfe.

WRXTATIC 22-03-2006 01:13 PM

Thanks Dan, me too.....I miss my torque curve!! :(

pmh 22-03-2006 01:13 PM

Fuel evaporates over time and that is "displaced" by water in the air

Jaded 22-03-2006 02:46 PM

Very easy to get fuel tested guys. You need to ring up the BP CUstomer Service number (from memory its a 1800 one I think)

Tell them you want to make a complaint about contaminated fuel and they are obliged to test it. They will get a test sample from their tank and send it away for testing. They are pretty good about this. Very rarely happens but its still possible for water to get into their underground tanks or all sorts of things.

If you have any dramas pm me and ill direct you to the right ppl (sad but true that i worked there for 6.5 years lol )

urabus 22-03-2006 05:45 PM

Fuel goes off real quick. I complained to BP once about a shit batch of fuel that clogged up my fuel filter. I wrote it on a company letterhead (we spend an absolute fortune on fuel per annum) and they did not even bother replying.

If i leave fuel in my dirt bike for two weeks the thing can be an absolute prick to start. If it is fresh fuel from a busy servo it always starts first or second kick.

Cheers

Brendon