Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   What Do you beleive in? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/4505-what-do-you-beleive.html)

waxdass 27-03-2006 11:36 PM

What Do you beleive in?

Had a discussion with some mates at uni on the subject, keen on your thoughts!

geoff 27-03-2006 11:46 PM

I believe in flying spaghetti monsterism - be touched by his noody appendage here:

[url]http://venganza.org/[/url]

waxdass 27-03-2006 11:49 PM

Geoffa i believe you becoz ur a weird **** ! :)

Mat 27-03-2006 11:51 PM

Church of the Latter Day Saints for me!

WRP10 27-03-2006 11:55 PM

Athiest until proven wrong, i can see this thread gettin a bit out of hand starting a perth-wrx holy war and then cruises will become quite awkward

chee 27-03-2006 11:57 PM

im a minister with the universal life church, i can perform marriages in 40+ states in america.

[url]http://www.ulc.org/[/url]

westoz 27-03-2006 11:58 PM

There are NO athiests in an earthquake!

methd 28-03-2006 12:02 AM

why not? surely god didn't create the earthquake... it's only tectonic plate movement :)

waxdass 28-03-2006 12:06 AM

Thats the problem with today's society. Educational programs on TV push the idea of evolution on bones and carbon dating etc etc.

the funny thing is carbon dating is so BS because the amount of carbon in the atmosphere varies so much day to day that scientists (predomiantly atheists) make up bs numbrs, like millions and billions of years.

Persoanlly i think its a shame that the idea of creation isnt pushed. Adam,eve great flood etc etc. As More evidence supports this than that of: big bang -> germs -> monkeys -> humans.

As WRP10 said, dont want to turn thisa into a religion war. keen to discuss this with anyone thru PM tho.

RESPECT :cool:

geoff 28-03-2006 12:10 AM

[QUOTE=waxdass]Geoffa i believe you becoz ur a weird **** ! :)[/QUOTE]

Do not doubt the sacred word of Pastafarianism.

WRP10 28-03-2006 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=waxdass]Thats the problem with today's society. Educational programs on TV push the idea of evolution on bones and carbon dating etc etc.

the funny thing is carbon dating is so BS because the amount of carbon in the atmosphere varies so much day to day that scientists (predomiantly atheists) make up bs numbrs, like millions and billions of years.

Persoanlly i think its a shame that the idea of creation isnt pushed. Adam,eve great flood etc etc. As More evidence supports this than that of: big bang -> germs -> monkeys -> humans.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to a certain extent and i do believe that everything works too perfectly to be done all by itself but i dont believe in a god as such i dont really know what i believe but i do think that most of religion is just word of mouth and just stories ie the bible

Alls i know is everyone is free to their own beliefs just dont effect me with them

geoff 28-03-2006 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=waxdass]Persoanlly i think its a shame that the idea of creation isnt pushed. Adam,eve great flood etc etc. As More evidence supports this than that of: big bang -> germs -> monkeys -> humans.[/QUOTE]

Fuckin 'ell - did you go to school in a "red" state of the USA?

More power to people to believe in what they want ... but the whole adam and eve thing ... fairytale innit?

waxdass 28-03-2006 12:16 AM

[QUOTE=geoff]Fuckin 'ell - did you go to school in a "red" state of the USA?

More power to people to believe in what they want ... but the whole adam and eve thing ... fairytale innit?[/QUOTE]

Have a think about it. You have to Beleive in evolution as much the same as you have to belive that GOD exists.

The only difference is the real evidence yo find that supports your beleif.

EvilCabbage 28-03-2006 12:17 AM

[QUOTE=waxdass]Thats the problem with today's society. Educational programs on TV push the idea of evolution on bones and carbon dating etc etc.[/quote]

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dear lord, tell me you're kidding? Educating people = bad? Pushing the boundaries of knowledge = bad?

[quote]the funny thing is carbon dating is so BS because the amount of carbon in the atmosphere varies so much day to day that scientists (predomiantly atheists) make up bs numbrs, like millions and billions of years.[/quote]

Please provide some proof of this, ta.

[quote]Persoanlly i think its a shame that the idea of creation isnt pushed. Adam,eve great flood etc etc. As More evidence supports this than that of: big bang -> germs -> monkeys -> humans.[/quote]

I'm insulted, honestly. You really think it's more plausable that an all powerful being created the universe within seven days, made a man from mud, a mate from his rib, then cast them out into the world because a talking snake (A. Talking. Fucking. Snake.) convinced them to eat an apple, thereby giving them knowledge of their nakedness and filling them with shame and other such garbage... you really, honestly, truly think that's a better theory than taking a look at the evidence collected so far and deducing a logical outcome on the creation of the galaxy from that?

I really hope you're just trolling and looking to get a response out of someone and don't actually believe that tripe. If you're being serious your credability just got shot right out of the water.

Fact of the matter is, there's a hell of a lot of evidence that shows evolution, and even evidence (more coming out all the time) supporting the 'big bang' theory. There is approximately... zero evidence to support the existence of a "god", supernatural being or supernatural powers.

Quite honestly, there's no more credability to christianity or catholics than there is involved in those "crazy" religions you stated, so you could really have lumped them all together... religious, agnostic (which is just a fancy word for "Athiest, but too much of a pussy to admit it") or religious.

To answer your question (as if I hadn't already), I'm deeply and proudly athiest and I feel with every fiber of my being that if you need to imagine an afterlife or imaginary friends to get through life, perhaps you're just something of a weak person.

Cheerio!
-Cameron

[QUOTE=waxdass]Have a think about it. You have to Beleive in evolution as much the same as you have to belive that GOD exists.[/quote]
No.. one is a belief with zero founding in reality, the other is a solid theory based upon plenty of evidence collected over generations, and evidence they continue to collect.

[quote]The only difference is the real evidence yo find that supports your beleif.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that blind faith should be taken as seriously as hard fact? You make me weep sir.

Mat 28-03-2006 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=WRPI0]Athiest until proven wrong, i can see this thread gettin a bit out of hand starting a perth-wrx holy war and then cruises will become quite awkward[/QUOTE]

Why would cruises become ackward? Outside these forums, there are very few problems on cruises etc...

Generally threads like this turn into a shit fight, but i hardly think its gonna ruin the next cruise

Jduging by some of the people on these forums i think we evolved from animals (and not just apes :D)

geoff 28-03-2006 12:21 AM

i always thought that agnostic means if you die, and there's some guy called god there and he says:
"yo, wassup honky - welcome to hizzeaven"
... then an agnostic is down with the j.chrizzay, otherwise - told you so.

I always figure that real men (like chuck norris, BA Baraccus and Sleek the Elite) don't have each way bets. They put their money on a winner.

methd 28-03-2006 12:23 AM

lol tode i didn't know u were that uneducated. u need to go back to school, there IS NO contradiction with carbon dating, and no theologists or what not who disagree with it... so why even bring it up?

[QUOTE=waxdass]Thats the problem with today's society. Educational programs on TV push the idea of evolution on bones and carbon dating etc etc.

As WRP10 said, dont want to turn thisa into a religion war. keen to discuss this with anyone thru PM tho.

RESPECT :cool:[/QUOTE]

WRP10 28-03-2006 12:25 AM

I think that agnostic basically means that "i will believe in god when i see proof"

methd 28-03-2006 12:26 AM

[23:24] <Matt> we should have a poll
[23:24] <Matt> who to bash first at next cruise
[23:24] <Matt> a) narchi
[23:24] <Matt> b) wrp10
[23:24] <Matt> c) hi voltage
[23:24] <Matt> d) chee :D

EvilCabbage 28-03-2006 12:28 AM

[QUOTE=waxdass]Have a think about it. You have to Beleive in evolution as much the same as you have to belive that GOD exists.

The only difference is the real evidence yo find that supports your beleif.[/QUOTE]

Agnostic :
1. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
2. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

Camerons Dictionary definition is a little different though, I sum it up as "Pussy with no conviction".

geoff 28-03-2006 12:29 AM

Word. And to reiterate, i'm just like Chuck Norris, BA Baraccus and Sleek the Elite.

methd 28-03-2006 12:33 AM

[QUOTE=WRPI0]What did i do?[/QUOTE]

"honest button on" - ur just a PITA 6 yr old who talks too much sh*t and u don't even own a wrx !

methd 28-03-2006 12:35 AM

back on topic ok -

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live

EvilCabbage 28-03-2006 12:44 AM

[QUOTE='[PFFT]']google contradictions in the bible and see what u come up with :)[/QUOTE]

Even easier, just apply logic and common sense to [b]any[/b] religious doctrine. :rolleyes: You'll save a lot of time just being a sensible human being.

**edit: wtf is up with the deleting posts? I can understand the bollocks getting removed, but on-topic comments as well?

methd 28-03-2006 12:51 AM

oh wrp10 said i didnt own a wrx either, and after realising he was wrong, he decided to delete his post. i then decided to remove my reply :)

EvilCabbage 28-03-2006 12:55 AM

Ah, righteo boss, carry on then.

westoz 28-03-2006 12:59 AM

Reckon this thread won't make 3 pages before being closed.

I'll be straight - I'm a bible believing Christian. I also respect that ppl have a right to their own beliefs but I will also say that a little healthy discussion on the matter can be edifying for all.

If I can employ a bit of plagiarism here... the chances that we evolved from molecules without God in the equation could be likened to a bomb being thrown into a scrap metal yard and producing a ready-to-fly Boeing 747. Like, say a boxer motor, every [i]design [/i]needs a [i]designer [/i]in the 1st place.

Cheerz all :D

waxdass 28-03-2006 12:59 AM

Evilcabbage, an anyone esle. I have no desire to judge you or "bible bash" you with your own beleifs. And just to fill u in, no need to be a hero about ur beliefs and post insulting replies. I too was a proud atheist 6 months ago until i read some shit that contradicted nearly every sceientific explanantion that we where created from germs.
My credibility? Do i seem to give shit what u think of me? If u have nothing contructive to add then pls dont.

I will find the eveidence I spoke of and i'l send it to you via PM.

I was just curious as to what ppl in pwrx beleived in. And not start a fkn relgious war

Andy 28-03-2006 01:04 AM

religion is gay, every religion is gay...how many wars wouldnt have happened if some crackpot 2000 years ago didnt smoke a cone or something, didnt think about an all powerful being and then didnt let it go through chinese whispers for the next 1100 years to make one of the boringest books ever...

same goes for the rest of the time wasting religions....

westoz 28-03-2006 01:07 AM

[QUOTE=geoff]I always figure that real men (like [color=blue]chuck norris[/color], BA Baraccus and Sleek the Elite) [color=blue]don't have each way bets. They put their money on a winner[/color].[/QUOTE]

Chuck Norris recently became a Christian...

EvilCabbage 28-03-2006 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=westoz]If I can employ a bit of plagiarism here... the chances that we evolved from molecules without God in the equation could be likened to a bomb being thrown into a scrap metal yard and producing a ready-to-fly Boeing 747. Like, say a boxer motor, every [i]design [/i]needs a [i]designer [/i]in the 1st place.[/QUOTE]

If we were some amazing planned design in the first place I might agree, but with the random nature of our being I just find that to be crazy talk sir.

I mean, to think that there's a vengeful, all powerful being watching our every move as opposed to life being the end result of some random events, I'll go with the random events every time. I refuse to think that someone could potentially be damned to an eternity of suffering for coveting my neighbours sheep, or even doing something productive on a Sunday.

The big problem I see, the serious religious nuts (or as I sometimes like to call them, Jesus Buffs) are not living for the here and now. They're living for an afterlife, do what you will as long as you accept Je-sus as your lord and saviour and once you die, everything will be awesome. Promise.

It's that kind of weird-ass thinking that leads to people blowing up buildings with W26 suitcase bombs, or fuck their receptionist while maintaining a pious attitude because they've got a sleezy minister that will absolve them of their sins the very next day. If people are thinking "Shit, if I ask for forgiveness, I'll get it, do what I will!" or "If I kill these whiteys, I'll get a whole shit tonne of virgins in heaven!".

People need to realise they can just be good people without having some imaginary character hanging over thier shoulder with an armpit full of poorly translated text screaming out "If you do that shit, I'll fuckin' spank your ass!" while wagging an almighty finger.

Bottom line, just be a good person. Leave the fairy tales to the Brothers Grimm, they did it better.

[QUOTE=waxdass]Evilcabbage, an anyone esle. I have no desire to judge you or "bible bash" you with your own beleifs.
I will find the eveidence I spoke of and i'l send it to you via PM.[/QUOTE]

Just post the "evidence" in public, or I will. Not much point making claims in public then not having the fortitude to back it up sir.

While you're at it, prove the existence of God (or any designing supernatural being) to me and I'll sign over my house to you. Scouts honour.

**edit:
[QUOTE=waxdass]And just to fill u in, no need to be a hero about ur beliefs and post insulting replies. [/quote]

Dude, you attack scientific theory, with mounds upon mounds of supporting evidence, telling me that kids should be taught religious doctrine instead of opening their minds to the world around them. That insults me no end. I don't think I've posted anything insulting yet, but if you open a big can of worms, don't get upset at what crawls out, yeah?

[quote]I too was a proud atheist 6 months ago until i read some shit that contradicted nearly every sceientific explanantion that we where created from germs.[/quote]
Again, please share it with the class. I'm sure the scientific community would be glad to know they can go back to shooting off bottle rockets and eating jelly with their spare time now that there's clear, undeniable proof of the existence of god.

[quote]My credibility? Do i seem to give shit what u think of me? If u have nothing contructive to add then pls dont. [/QUOTE]
I'm trying to keep a creative argument going, did you only want to hear answers from people that have taken Jesus into their hearts? Gimme a break son.

That proof, chop chop.

d_generate 28-03-2006 01:14 AM

I go to the Church of Touching Cloth & pray with Father Will U Pffistmee every Sunday, we have fun taking the Alter boys on camps, we are a branch of the Catholic Church and our motto is "Mum's the Word"
Pffuck Religeon, it's Pffucking the world.

methd 28-03-2006 01:14 AM

"If I kill these whiteys, I'll get a whole shit tonne of virgins in heaven!".

wow is that true?.. HRMMM !! ;)

geoff 28-03-2006 01:15 AM

[QUOTE=westoz]Chuck Norris recently became a Christian...[/QUOTE]
See. I told you that they make a firm decision.

That's his one!

EvilCabbage 28-03-2006 01:19 AM

[QUOTE='[PFFT]']"If I kill these whiteys, I'll get a whole shit tonne of virgins in heaven!".

wow is that true?.. HRMMM !! ;)[/QUOTE]

Islam, killing Christians or enemys of Islam gets you 72 virgins in heaven, or there-abouts. It's bloody late so I am going to bed but I'll dig up some quotations and whatnot tomorrow.

**edit: Just a quick question for those in the class who are sure we're designed, built, made, etc by a higher power.

Why do men have nipples? They serve no purpose in the scheme of mating or rearing young, why are they there? What kind of designer leaves such items just hanging around?

Ponder that while I dream of sugar plums and other such dandy things.

Cheerio,
-Cameron

LegacyGT 28-03-2006 01:28 AM

I believe in sex.

some peoples posts r too long to read!

westoz 28-03-2006 01:38 AM

[QUOTE=EvilCabbage]If we were some amazing planned design in the first place I might agree, but with the random nature of our being I just find that to be crazy talk sir.

[/QUOTE]

I tend to think that the human being, or any other living thing for that matter, IS an amazing design. I would like to see a lab full of the world's best brains with huge budgets, and using nothing but the 106 elements of the periodic table, produce one single [u]living[/u] cell in a test tube.

It's always gonna be a highly emotional subject on all sides this one, I think I'll stop on this post & sit on the sidelines for a bit.

Respect to all...:)

LegacyGT 28-03-2006 01:39 AM

i believe in JERMS

waxdass 28-03-2006 01:50 AM

hey evil, i'l have your the answers to your questions tomorrow, and anyone else

to each there own!

RESPECT :)

methd 28-03-2006 03:06 AM

**removed by request**

--Thread is temporarily locked--