Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay
Default Days of Our Lives / Bold and the Beautiful / Young and the Restless

So update.

Anyone with half the ability to read will notice that I was umming and ahhing about selling this thing.

On the one side - absolutely loved the car. So much fun to drive, looks great, has been utterly reliable (despite being left with a few niggles from previous ownership, the car NEVER let me down, and having sorting them recently its been smooth sailing)

BUT - I was afraid to drive it hard. I dont have a reputation as a dak dak killer for no reason. So every gear change is a cringe, ever rev out is a worry, etc etc. It kinda sucks owning a performance and being afraid to use it. Plus 80% of my driving life is in peak hour traffic to and from work, then to or from social shit in the inner city. I dont get a chance to enjoy the car for what it is made for. Plus I knew there was a plethora of people just waiting so they could say I told you so.

So I thought to myself I might sell, and upgrade to a bug eye sti - they really are a performance bargain. 207, 6 speed, brembos etc.

But life doesnt always goes to plan. Atm I need something comfier than a Subaru with stiff suspension and exhaust etc.

So I have sold it, and will probably just buy a boring non turbo forri or lib. The new owner is 17... but has his head screwed on. I hope it brings him as much enjoyable trouble free motoring as it gave me. Will actually get used on track, with some decent rubber on that car he is going to embarass some of you.

Then I began thinking about how much I can give/take from perth wrx given the car is gone, and actually started typing Dave a pm requesting my account be deleted. To be frank, the levels of moron, circle jerk, stupid shit chat etc have gone through the roof lately. Even being point blank rude doesnt seem to get the point across for some. Take your mother fucking ooohs and aaaahs to fb, or sms, or do it face to face in real life. Even catching up Ive known a decade socially becomes painful because others will start discussing the forum. Fuck me, make a post, whinge about replies, then sook, then talk it about it offline from the forum.. surely life has more to intrigue people with? So I figured I would just get the fuck out and not try to deal with it anymore.

But there is some good people on here, as evidenced by a catch up for lunch on Fri with 5 of the (not surprisingly) older members, and then Sat after the bakery with a couple others. Once you wade through the ton of bs there are good people here.

So I deleted that pm for now. Plus it is quite likely I will end up in a performance Subaru of some sort when life gets back on track. Plus I will no doubt want some shit for whatever daily I buy.

TJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

AJAYJAY at standard level

wow... we've never met before but some of the stuff you do say on the forums here are pretty funny and at the same time very straight and firm!!

im assuming you still will be on antilag yeh?? as im mainly on that these days
Old 16-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

I must say well said. Dunno if anyone has noticed but I am not on here alot lately and it is partly due to the bs you have mentioned. I have seen it go like this a few years ago so just hoping it is one of those cycles that will pass.
Old 16-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAYJAY View Post
wow... we've never met before but some of the stuff you do say on the forums here are pretty funny and at the same time very straight and firm!!

im assuming you still will be on antilag yeh?? as im mainly on that these days
I will be around antilag no matter what really. Without going into a massive history of the club, I put massive yards in to get it launched, was a founding member, and have put in a considerable amount of time effort and money into the place. I still love cars so will continue to post about them with like minded people.

Fundamentally, in terms of the way I post - I dont really care what people think. I dont say that in a rude way. But why tip toe around things. If its a spade, call it a spade. The real world is a cruel and harsh place, and forums are merely an extension of the real world which we use to communicate on a common interest.

I have very little doubt those who know me in real life will vouch for my attitudes and treatment of people. I dont need the justification from someone behind a keyboard that I have never met. People might joke about the entire "i know tj" shit - but there is some truth to it, and I do invest heavily in giving time to people who deserve it. Im not always right, Im not perfect but I do the best I can.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-10-2011, 10:37 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

+ 1 for calling a spade, a spade. (even though people get their 'politically correct' back up when we do)

+1000 for more traveling & less P-wrxing.

Good luck with all your future endeavors Tom.... I'm not going to be so active here anymore either, time to do some more living...........
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 16-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Can vouch for both TJ and Roscco. They are the one of the most friendly and level-headed ppl in P.WRX.

It is hard to know a person by just looking at what he writes in the forums, as I have learnt myself with just 6 mths in P.WRX.
Old 17-10-2011, 08:34 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

rexwaggon at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
So update.

Anyone with half the ability to read will notice that I was umming and ahhing about selling this thing.

TLDR

TJ
fucks given = 0

xox
Old 17-10-2011, 09:34 AM

BALISTC knows their stuff

Lollll, Dylan outta fucking nowhere!
Old 17-10-2011, 10:38 AM

He is just a heater man, hi heater

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 17-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Subaru Tech Division

red dragon2002 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Take your mother fucking ooohs and aaaahs to fb, or sms, or do it face to face in real life.
this was the post that i wanted to hear, so more internet warriors that sit behind the key board and act so fucking hard core with insults that are not necessary but just said to make them look good on a forum. some post back in the past were aimed at me, and i just think, fuck i have seen some of those people in real life and feel like telling them, dare say that to my face?

probably get shit for posting said above, but watevs

a lot of what you post tj is true and its funny when people get upset from your post's

during my time at prex it has been a great forum full of information and some nice people that i have met through cruises and part trading. get the occasional bs but hey that is just life

and mr dylan spec exhaust! still loving the tbe i got off ya

Tags
beautiful, bold, cool story bro, cry emo cry, days, i know tj, ive blown tj, lives, mother, restless, sandy vaginas, word, ya, young