Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Lost license - applying for extraordinary? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/48517-lost-license-applying-extraordinary.html)

huggy_b 16-04-2012 09:56 AM

Lost license - applying for extraordinary?

Well on Thursday my delivery driver came into work and told me he had a visit from the cops and he was summonsed to court after being clocked at 209km/h on his bike by a speed camera - 99km/h over the limit. :rolleyes:

From my research, he will lose his license for a mandatory 6 months for a first offence (although he has lost his license before for accumulated points but I dont think that counts as an "offence"?), up to $1000 fine, bike impounded etc.

Any ideas on how long he has to wait before he can apply for an extraordinary? Or is it at the judges discretion?

RUSSGT 16-04-2012 10:05 AM

Ahhh the drink drivers badge of honour. E plate.

mARC 16-04-2012 10:17 AM

From memory its half the term but things may have changed. I don't have a clear understanding of the application of extenuating circumstances in law though.

Kato 16-04-2012 10:19 AM

I thought the E-plates were gone now that they had the double or nothing system?

mARC 16-04-2012 10:20 AM

Edit: re-read OP post.

Russ blind sided me :D

phizzle 16-04-2012 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=huggy_b;669406]Well on Thursday my delivery driver came into work and told me he had a visit from the cops and he was summonsed to court after being clocked at 209km/h on his bike by a speed camera - 99km/h over the limit. :rolleyes:

From my research, he will lose his license for a mandatory 6 months for a first offence (although he has lost his license before for accumulated points but I dont think that counts as an "offence"?), up to $1000 fine, bike impounded etc.

Any ideas on how long he has to wait before he can apply for an extraordinary? Or is it at the judges discretion?[/QUOTE]
WRONG - MY BAD....see below.... from the court appearance where he is fined/butt raped (209 is gonna see him get max penalties me thinks) BEFORE he can even APPLY to get his Extraordinary licence and then you have to wait in the cue for your case to be heard.

6 months is the MINIMUM mandatory loss, so tell him to be prepared there....

teejay 16-04-2012 10:26 AM

E class no longer exists.

phizzle 16-04-2012 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=mARC;669410]From memory its half the term but things may have changed. I don't have a clear understanding of the application of extenuating circumstances in law though.[/QUOTE]
From legal aid website
Applications can only be made after a certain period of time has elapsed from the date of your disqualification. The period varies depending on the type of offence for which you were disqualified and any prior traffic convictions you may have.
If you want to know the waiting period that applies to you, you should seek legal advice or contact the registry of the court where you are making the application. For information on how to contact the courts, see the heading [B]Where can I get more information?[/B] at the end of this page.

[QUOTE=Kato;669411]I thought the E-plates were gone now that they had the double or nothing system?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=teejay;669417]E class no longer exists.[/QUOTE]
This may or may not clear things up

[url=http://www.magistratescourt.wa.gov.au/E/extraordinary_driver_s_licences.aspx?uid=9605-1326-8676-1320]Extraordinary Driver's Licences[/url]

In a nutshell - can't get E permit if loss of points - only double or nothing. Can get E permit at court's discretion.

TROLLEY 16-04-2012 10:36 AM

Sounds like a clever fellow. I'd suggest he apply to Centrelink first.

teejay 16-04-2012 10:41 AM

99 over - 110 zone = meh, weve all done it. Unless it was middle of the day in traffic then hes an idiot.