Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru
Default Budget 2012

Here's a soap box - have your rant.

Clever accounting everywhere. Screwed the single parents on benefit for families. No company tax drop.

Your teeth look ok as long as you never took care of them.

The one they don't mention -carbon tax.

What a Swan song ...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Master D knows their stuff

I didnt catch the shortened version on the news but im assuming the pollys will still make 4 payrises next financial year, employer hookers, butlers & overseas learning sebaticals paid for by you & me.
jEstEr?, STI325V6 and Saint_23 like this.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

lad at standard level

I've got to be carefully what I say about government..ahem...things

But is getting screwed AGAIN by these lying pricks really that much of a shock? Also 1.5 billion in the black and they are crowing about it - says to me they really do think we are fools who don't know it's all just a fabricated show.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Damn fluoride tax

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 PM

From Sydney Morning Herald

Increase to family tax benefit A if elegible.
For families on maximum rate, extra $300 per year for one child, extra $600 a year for families with two or more children.
For families on base rate, extra $100 a year for one child, extra $200 a year for families with two or more children.
Limiting of eligibility for Family Tax Benefit A to children under 18, or children at secondary school up to the age of 19.
Tripling of the tax-free threshold from $6000 to $18,200, as previously announced.
From July 1, the carbon tax will lead to an average increase in household costs of $9.90 per week, but this will be offset by tax cuts and increases in support payments of $10.10 per week on average.
Retirees, pensioners and older workers:

$26 million employment program to help eligible job seekers aged 55 and over find work. Program will provide job preparation assistance and up to $500 per participant for items and services they need to get ready for work.
$10 million to fund $1000 jobs bonuses for employers who recruit and retain a mature age job seeker for three months.
$880 million over five years for home care packages for older Australians.
$660 million over five years for residential aged care.
More than $700 million for specific aged care services, including palliative care, and dementia care.
Children:

$2.1 billion over five years to replace Education Tax Refund with Schoolkids Bonus.
From 2013, eligible families will receive up to $410 per year for each primary school student and $820 per year for each secondary student for education expenses.
$225 million over four years to help with childcare fees for parents on income support who are studying or training.
Financial assistance will now be available for parents undertaking new courses at Certificate II or higher level.
Access to up to 50 hours of child care per week for parents doing at least 15 hours of work, study or training and up to 24 hours of child care for activities requiring less than 15 hours per week.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Disability Services:

$1 billion over four years for rollout of National Disability Insurance Scheme.
First stage of scheme to begin in mid-2013 for about 10,000 Australians with a significant and permanent disability in up to four “launch” locations in Australia.
From mid-2014, scheme will be expanded to bring the total number of eligible people up to 20,000.
Breakdown of funding for the NDIS:

$342.5 million over three years from July 2013 to help with care and support for people with a disability.
$240.3 million over four years to build and operate an NDIS information technology system.
$154.8 million over three years to employ local area co-ordinators to help with one-on-one care for people with a disability.
$122.6 million over four years to help prepare the disability sector for delivering care under the NDIS, particularly in the launch locations for the first stage of the rollout.
$58.6 million over three years from 2013-2014 to assess people with a disability in the launch locations to determine their eligibility for the scheme and level of care needed.
$53 million over four years from 2012-13 to establish a National Disability Transition Agency to coordinate the care for people in the launch locations.
$18.3 million over four years from 2012-13 to continue the Commonwealth taskforce advising the government on the development of the NDIS.
$11.7 million over four years from 2012-13 for research into early intervention to improve support for people with a disability.
$5.2 million over four years from 2013-14 to evaluate the scheme in the launch locations.
States and territories that host the launch sites will have to contribute to the cost of care and support for people with a disability.

Read more: How the budget affects you

I'm amazed at the single parent push. Guaranteed vote killer but it'll be a number count.

Why doesn't one treasurer understand the multiplier effect?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Don't blame me, I voted for Howard.
trainwrex, Sethor, Kato and 5 others like this.
baylee (09-05-2012), GTB Liberty (08-05-2012), Soksta (08-05-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Don't blame me, I voted for Howard.
Worth repeating.

So did I.
Sethor and magic1 like this.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:25 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

$2190 per person bribe...epic handout and no direction...labour budget...carbon tax will smash everyone long after the bribe has been spent
Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Infact, it was the only time in the last 12 years that I have been able to vote, that I paid attention to the candidates

Won't be doing that again :P
Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

lad at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Infact, it was the only time in the last 12 years that I have been able to vote, that I paid attention to the candidates

Won't be doing that again :P
Makes no difference who any of us vote for, the people running the show have appointed themselves.

Tags
2012, budget