Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Need Phone Guru's help (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/52041-need-phone-gurus-help.html)

yopi 25-11-2012 07:50 PM

Need Phone Guru's help

My friend has a Samsung Galaxy mobile phone and he is paranoid that someone (wifey) is listening in to his conversations both in comings and outgoings.

When we are at work both of us 20+ storeys above ground he can hear traffic noises / woolies or coles megaphone announcements.

So is there a programme that play spy craft on mobile phones, so a 3rd party can listen on their phone or another device?

Any help would be great, I'm tired of his 2am phone calls to complain!

Cheers.

Soksta 25-11-2012 08:06 PM

Should be able to back up what ever data he needs to (sms/mms/etc) and factory reset/wipe the phone.
Also change the password on his gmail account as you can remotely install applications through the Play Store if you have the login details.

Have heard about applications that can snoop on a specific phone, but not enough to know how they work, if they can be detected, removed, etc.

STIMUL8IN 26-11-2012 12:00 AM

Why doesn't he have some fun with it and deliberately talk about something that his Mrs will confront him on? Or are his conversations like that already :o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MISSWRXYSTi 26-11-2012 08:43 AM

Ask Lloyd Rayney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kato 26-11-2012 10:30 AM

I'm not an Android fanboi, so I don't know how to check these things, but to listen in on calls the phone needs to be rooted. Then there are softwarez available that can listen in to the mic, calls, sms etc etc.

Flash phone back to stock or get another phone if you are that paranoid.

Spying on calls like that is illegal too, so if they are caught, you can create a lot of trouble for them.

Soksta 26-11-2012 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=Kato;723570]I'm not an Android fanboi, so I don't know how to check these things, but to listen in on calls the phone needs to be rooted. Then there are softwarez available that can listen in to the mic, calls, sms etc etc.[/QUOTE]

Thought that you wouldn't need to be rooted if the application itself was given permissions to access those systems?
Unless those systems are protected at which point root access would most likely be required.

[QUOTE=Kato;723570]Flash phone back to stock or get another phone if you are that paranoid.[/QUOTE]
Download the RUU for your phone (normally a executable file) and run that, it will return the phone to its OEM configuration.

Kato 26-11-2012 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=Soksta;723574]Thought that you wouldn't need to be rooted if the application itself was given permissions to access those systems?
Unless those systems are protected at which point root access would most likely be required.[/QUOTE]

All the 'listening' apps I have read about require an android phone to be rooted (or an iphone to be jailbroken). So if you haven't done that and then suddenly your phone is altered, it would be a good check.

BLUES 26-11-2012 11:49 AM

Tell your mate to stop cheating on his wife.

westoz 26-11-2012 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=BLUES;723589]Tell your mate to stop cheating on his wife.[/QUOTE]
^^^ This... there is clearly probs between the OP's mate & wife... using smartarse tech aint gonna solve the underlying issues!

yopi 29-11-2012 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=BLUES;723589]Tell your mate to stop cheating on his wife.[/QUOTE]

He works as a PR/Marketing Mgr always out with clients. International clients are the worst, your like their bitch until they get on their plane, on call 24/7.

He had stupid calls about hotel not providing toothpaste or slippers. Or they got lost and need a pick up but don't know where they are... etc

Also its the company's phone so naturally he doesn't want the boss to find out that something illegal is done.