Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Sir AntiLag

Makavel at standard level
Default Looking for a diff car...

Hey guys it is coming to that time to get a new car , i guess i should be saying "oh what wrx to buy" but im looking at buying non turbo. Looking at spending around 40g's. Before i was tempted to get a new wrx but as good as subaru have been i am looking outside the wrx camp.

A few ideas i was looking at was and if i could get you feedback or experince if you have owned. driven or heard about them

Honda Euro (luxury) sports
06 Liberty Wagon

there atm are what i am looking at getting

thanks for ya time

Michael
[MY 98 WA]
Old 16-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

aren't the new libertys like 55k ?
Old 17-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Alvaro351 at standard level

Can't go past the Liberty mate!

Test drive both and coming from a rex, you'll know what I mean. The wagon will handle just like the rex and should have enough grunt to keep you amused.

They're also always doing "limited editions" so you should be able to pick one up with all options for what you're looking to spend.

Both of the cars you mention also hold their value better than pretty much anything on Aussie roads, except for maybe a Toyota Yaris...

Only the GT (not available currently) and the "tuned by STi GT" are worth over 50 and 60 K respectively....

My 2 cents...
Old 17-05-2006, 07:30 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavel

A few ideas i was looking at was and if i could get you feedback or experince if you have owned. driven or heard about them

Honda Euro (luxury) sports
06 Liberty Wagon

[MY 98 WA]
I've got a Euro Lux (my wife's car) sitting alongside my MY98,

It's obviously not a hardcore performance car, but it's a very nice drive, nonetheless. Feels slow around town but has decent midrange and top end once you get out in the country.

As a daily driver or for long trips I can't fault it.

Probably not a car you'd want if you do weekend motorsport, the brakes are nothing special, although they're adequate enough for a road car.
and the floor hinged accelerator pedal makes it a real bitch to heel and toe.

it's also a bit heavy at 1435 kg, so around slow tight corners you do notice it.

On places like Caves road, near Margaret River, it's excellent.

The Mazda 6 Luxury Sport has nicer turn in and steering, has a nicer engine note, and just 'feels' more sporty to drive. so drive that as well, But the Euro does have better highway performance and fuel economy, and has a massive equipment level.

I assume you are looking at the Liberty 2.5 in particular if you have a 40K budget? I haven't driven it, I avoided it, cause I've had the shits put up me by Subaru dealers enough, and my wife wasn't that interested in it, so we stuck to the other 2, and the Mazda 3SP, Which was also rather nice.

I would be tempted to wait a bit, if that's the car you want, until the MY07 update.

Seeing as the 2.0 has gone twin cam and variable valve timing, bringing it to within 1Kw of the single cam 2.5, I have a suspicion that it's only a matter of time before the 2.5 follows suit...
Old 17-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

I recently purchase a 2.5i Liberty after owning a MY 98 WRX.

I love the build quality, equipment levels & it is great for everyday driving but i SERIOUSLY miss the performance.

Every now and then i think to myself "This car isnt too slow" Then i jump into my brother-in-laws Rex and reality kicks in.

I am already contemplating selling it as i didnt realise how much i would miss the turbo rush.

Both the Liberty & the Honda are fantastic cars, just depends what you are wanting from your new vehicle.

Drive them both and see what you think.

Tags
car, diff