Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Melville Holden (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/52400-melville-holden.html)

steve-lang 21-12-2012 12:13 PM

Melville Holden

Guys,

Really long story short, misses having a shit fight with melville holden (namely service dept). Got warranty work done its not completed. They have gone back on the word in regards to refueling hire car, now they've sent a bill for 2,50 a litre.

Not really after advice Im fairly proficient at using ombudsman and consumer affairs ;)

More so does anyone have any strings they can pull, because at the moment they're clutching at straws to pull the wool over our eyes as that's sort of what I have done to them.

Ok go.

Ps never take your car there.:D

GTB Liberty 21-12-2012 12:37 PM

They're arseholes and everyone in Attadale knows it.

Good luck they shafted one of my family members only a couple of years ago over warranty issue.

Boxer25 21-12-2012 12:46 PM

social media is your friend...

ImPreSiV 21-12-2012 12:48 PM

Ring Holden Australia.

My mum had an issue with Holden re: warranty stuff, they were saying something wasn't covered, when it was, clearly in the paperwork. She rang Holden Australia and they sorted it out, very quickly

Master D 21-12-2012 12:50 PM

Go and confront them.
Make a scene, ask to speak to the dealer principal.

Tell them the story, if not satisfied go to another holden dealer.
If they are a part of AHG make a shedload of noise to them directly

MY99GT 21-12-2012 12:55 PM

If AHG call head office 9422 7676 and ask for Jim Hanafee who handles all complaints. He'll find a resolution where possible.

MISSWRXYSTi 21-12-2012 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=Boxer25;728434]social media is your friend...[/QUOTE]

Whilst I hate car dealerships, and for larger companies, try resolve it FIRST, I had a lady recently bag something on my page, to her defence, she came back on the page, wrote an apology, emailed me a longer apology and deleted her comment, not always the first place to go, can be quite damning, but like I said, Larger dealerships meh,

steve-lang 21-12-2012 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;728435]Ring Holden Australia.

My mum had an issue with Holden re: warranty stuff, they were saying something wasn't covered, when it was, clearly in the paperwork. She rang Holden Australia and they sorted it out, very quickly[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Master D;728436]Go and confront them.
Make a scene, ask to speak to the dealer principal.

Tell them the story, if not satisfied go to another holden dealer.
If they are a part of AHG make a shedload of noise to them directly[/QUOTE]

Been there done that, Im guessing its because of the "scene" I made at the dealership that we've copped a $107 bill for refueling a holden cruze. :what:

Holden Australia were very helpful but refuse to intervene between a dealer and customer contract. Though they did advise me that the dealer cannot charge me more for the fuel then it was worth.

b32 21-12-2012 01:50 PM

Can you just rip the bill up? Or will that cause you issues further down the track with your warranty?

steve-lang 21-12-2012 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=b32;728454]Can you just rip the bill up? Or will that cause you issues further down the track with your warranty?[/QUOTE]

Allegedly, if its not paid within 7 days I can expect a summons, :p