Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Getting out of speeding fine? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/52926-getting-out-speeding-fine.html)

specwarop 08-01-2013 08:39 AM

Getting out of speeding fine?

Anyone been able too?

I got pulled over this morning at 5am doing 85kmh in a 70kmh zone (a nice and convenient 15kmh over the limit), by an unmarked cop car coming towards me in the opposite direction. Had what looked like the radar mounted behind the windscreen. I wouldn't have thought they'd be accurate.

What peeves me though, is where I got pulled over is probably the safest part of the road, and is only about 500m long. I guarantee there never has been and never will be an accident along this stretch.

Anyways, first fine in about 10 years - $150 and 2 demerit points. This doesn't make me want to slow down, it makes me hate the government more!

I want to get out of it! ;)

Philbo 08-01-2013 08:45 AM

Will cost you more than $150 to get out of it not worth it. Don't speed no fine simple you didn't write the speed signs therefore you have to pay attention to them more closely.:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

steve-lang 08-01-2013 08:45 AM

You were breaking the law and got caught? Take it like a man? Grow up? Wake up?

Etc etc

specwarop 08-01-2013 08:48 AM

Its a stupid law.
The cops should be enforcing other laws. Multiple houses being built in this area have had items stolen and there is no police presence to stop it, they are all out busting people for doing minor things. Not to mention the vandalism and the bogans with dirtbikes digging up peoples front yards.

Matty05 08-01-2013 08:55 AM

suck it up princess

Tony 08-01-2013 08:57 AM

Driving over the speed limit is a stupid law? You sir are a knob head.

specwarop 08-01-2013 09:03 AM

Okay I admit I went a bit far with that statement. I don't like people speeding as much as anyone, in unsafe areas, like on a busy freeway, people doing 20kmh or more over the limit, which seems to happen a lot. I rarely speed hence why I haven't got a fine for donkeys years.
But if you drove this particular stretch of road, you, like everyone else and probably including the cops, would think that doing 150kmh down it is perfectly safe, because it is.

Kato 08-01-2013 09:03 AM

LOL. This thread will go well.

I think the law not allowing me to have a blue/violet laser is stupid. Do I try and break it, no.

You broke the law. You got caught red handed. You can't get out of it.

teejay 08-01-2013 09:06 AM

Its probably stupid because the road is no doubt good for 90kmh, but because the majority of road users are fucking idiots they have to make it suit the lowest common denominator.

Having said that, you play, you pay

98kellrs 08-01-2013 09:36 AM

If you were caught by a speed camera then I would dismiss as revenue raising. But the fact that a policeman coming the other way stopped and turned around, tells me that something he saw didn't look safe. Something set off alarm bells in his head.

Either that or he just wanted an excuse to look at your car! :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2