Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-02-2013, 11:03 AM
STI Master

Terry.Wrist at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
HSV isn't competing with $250k E63/M5's. I don't even think they are competing with $180k M3/M4/C63's.

Imo they offer a budget alternative. You can pick up a GTS for ~$90k. Big spacious car, power, refinement etc. When you look purely at pricetags, you can nearly get a M3 + GTS for the price of a M5.

I don't think someone going out to buy a new E63/M5 is going to pop down to the HSV dealer to check out their wares at the same time. But for the 'average' punter who might be spending $90k it is an awesome car to have new vs a 4 year old out of warranty C63/M3.

In stock form I found the 5L S/C to be very comparable to the 6.2L N/A. Tuning of the S/C is epic and it is a pity that Ford/FPV aren't fitting out the GT with enough refinement to make them stand out more.
So when are you getting yours
Master D likes this.
Old 13-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Waiting to see what they actually come out with and what is rumour

Lot's of exciting new cars coming this year.

A45 AMG actually presses a lot of buttons for me.
Old 13-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Quote:
Nice choice

Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG: 265kW hot-hatch unleashed |*CarAdvice

Group Buy?
Kato and lachy294 like this.
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 13-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

^^^ A45 AMG
Interior and performance look and sound awesome.
Exterior looks/styling, not a massive fan of....

Last edited by REXXXED; 13-02-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 13-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Stuff 245kw and 450nm 4 pot AMG!! Stuff yes!!

http://kap.industries/
Old 13-02-2013, 01:19 PM
STI Master

Terry.Wrist at standard level

Quote:
Waiting to see what they actually come out with and what is rumour

Lot's of exciting new cars coming this year.

Stuff, buy the A45 AMG!!
Old 13-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Stuff!
Terry.Wrist likes this.
Old 13-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Stuff!
RUSSGT likes this.
Old 13-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

OH, do.fucking.want.
Old 15-02-2013, 08:27 AM
STI Master

reconus at standard level

Holden VF Commodore: SS exterior revealed |*CarAdvice

The Holden VF Commodore SS V-Series has been revealed, following the launch of the VF Commodore Calais V-Series on Monday.

Holden has divided the styling of the VF Commodore range in two, creating a pair of themes each for the sports and luxury models of the range. While the ‘luxury sport’ Calais V-Series made its debut on Sunday, the ‘sport luxury’ SS V-Series show car near-completes the range, with the new entry-level model, ute and Sportwagon expected to be shown next week.

Finished in a ‘hero’ Fantale orange hue, the VF Commodore SS V-Series show car featured a six-speed manual transmission, quad sports exhausts, and 20-inch multi-spoke black alloy wheels with Brembo brakes hiding behind them. Holden refers to the show car as an “amped up” pointer to the production model.

Compared with the Calais V-Series, the SS V-Series gets a wider, narrower grille and larger, more prominent blacked-out air intake aperture and rear valance. While the headlights, foglights and LED daytime lights are shared between models, the SS V-Series replaces the curvature lines on the bumper of the Calais V-Series with sharper, more geometrical lines and slashes.

Citing the aims for the exterior design, Holden VF Commodore colour and trim design manager, Kirsty Lindsay, said “we wanted to blur the boundary between luxury sports tourer and dramatic sports machine.

“The gloss black paint on the hand-machined double five-spoke wheels is a custom finish, while the cool gunmetal chrome detailing on the front fascia and the vertical fender vents is less overt, more in tune with this car’s luxury persona.”

Adds Holden VF Commodore exterior design manager, Peter Hughes: “We wanted to put something out there that made a bit of an impact.

“The design was an exercise in exploring future options and gauging buyer reactions. We may get some polarised opinions, but that’s all part of the process of experimenting with different ideas and anticipating market trends.”

According to Holden chief designer, Richard Ferlazzo, the directive was also to give the VF Commodore sports variants “a level of richness” that hasn’t been seen with previous SV6 and SS models.

“In some ways the two models [Calais and SS] have become a little bit closer,” said Ferlazzo.

“Calais has a more formal, large upper grille … with the SS we’ve got this dominant lower air intake with slender upper grille…

“There’s quite a bit of brightwork for a sports models [but] we’re happy with that.”

“Apart from decoration,” says Ferlazzo, all sheetmetal is shared between Calais, SS and all VF Commodore sedans.

There will be two versions of the VF Commodore sports range, presumably wearing SV6 and SS badges – although rumours persist that the SV6 will be dropped, replaced by an uprated 240kW V6-engined version to pick up the SS moniker.

In the Holden design studio – which opened in 1964, and has been the design base for all Holdens since the HR – another VF Commodore sport prototype wore clear-lens taillights with exposed chrome bezels, where the show car had black smoked-finish lights (above).

Although the design chief wouldn’t be drawn into speculation that both taillights will be offered, it is likely that the smoked-finish taillights will feature on the SV6/SS with the clear units reserved for the SS V-Series.

Compared with the VF Calais, Ferlazzo outlined the “contrast between black and body colour, small spoiler … much more subdued spoiler [than previous SS],” adding “there will be a higher wing spoiler for those who want it”.

Tags
admit, hate