Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   HELP!, Cheapo sprayjob needed asap!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/54161-help-cheapo-sprayjob-needed-asap.html)

django 14-04-2013 09:09 AM

HELP!, Cheapo sprayjob needed asap!!

Hi Guys, I'm in desperate need of cash as I have almost no money left after buying the 2001 WRX last weekend. I have a Black 180sx that I need the paint redone as cheap as possible so I can get the Mongrel, Bastard thing out of my life and some money back in the bank!.

Its going in next week to get a smash in the right quarter panel fixed( some moron at work smashed into it with a steel beam!) so that Panel will already be re-sprayed and so will the Boot hatch as its getting Spoiler holes/ rust plate welded up and sprayed.

So I need the rest of the Car Resprayed, the panel shop wanted $5000!! to do the whole thing, I just need the thing to look reasonable so I can sell it. Is there anyone on here that can help me out, if I cant get it done cheap enough I'll have to try attempt it myself?

jasonmurray 14-04-2013 09:25 AM

Put some pics up of the car.

If money is tight, why not just wrap it?

matto20v 14-04-2013 10:23 AM

Does it matter to you if the spray painter is north of the river (Wanneroo)? Or are you looking for someone close to you?

crawl3r 14-04-2013 10:50 AM

teejay 14-04-2013 11:06 AM

Cheap spray

Looks good

Pick one.

Rather than spend 2k on a cheapo job, just sell it 2k cheaper.

Adz 14-04-2013 11:12 AM

What's the car worth to you unpainted?

django 14-04-2013 01:10 PM

I paid $14,000 for this damn thing 4.5 years ago and have put on
Front mount Cooler.
Turbo Back 3" zorst.
Walbro Pump.
17 Apec Apache Mags( cheap but look good)
Greddy Profec B Controller.
Drift Blue Iridium Boost Gauge,ACA Temp gauge,In cabin elect Fuel press Gauge.
Koyo radiator.
Hi Flowed T25 Turbo with Braided Lines.
Lowered(VERY LOW).

I don't think it will sell with state of the paint is at the moment, it looks terrible now! even with pain fixed up I reckon I'll only get maybe $6000 probably less!?. I might have to rub it back myself and get one of the guys at work to paint it,one of the Filipino's at work is a great Painter ,of industrial gear but he never gets runs in the paint etc.

teejay 14-04-2013 01:16 PM

So its got basic china mods.

Even with a spray its worth sub 10k.

astralex 14-04-2013 01:25 PM

Yeh, you won't be getting your money back... Sell as is, cry for a while, move on to better futures.

levans 14-04-2013 01:32 PM

If you get a cheap paint job done it WILL put people off buying the car. I would rather buy a car with bad original paint knowing that the car has not previously been written off ie. Hail damage/big front ender...