Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Can you create a driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/56422-can-you-create-driveway.html)

trainwrex 31-10-2013 08:58 AM

Can you create a driveway

Hi guys,

Are you able to create a driveway when one does not exist on a property? Will the council create the entrance from the road? See pic below as an example.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2ly3fgj.jpg[/IMG]

Spektre 31-10-2013 09:21 AM

what you are talking about is a council created crossover.

you can apply for one and council may approve it. the thing is where are you planning to park? what is the set back of the house from the boudary? you're gonna need a minimum of 3 metres width to create a parking space on your property

GTB Liberty 31-10-2013 11:16 AM

Based on that image you have a low probability of getting council to approve. That looks like it has heritage and street scape criteria written all over it.

My Lawley?

trainwrex 31-10-2013 02:40 PM

Yes its in Mt lawley.

I was thinking of knocking downt the front wall and part of the veranda to accomodate a parking spot.

Even if they dont make a concession (or allow me to do it) for the road the kerb is so low i could just drive over it. Still achieve the same purpose?

American Dave 31-10-2013 02:46 PM

rofl at council letting you do these changes t-dawg, imagine if everyone in the street did this ? ;)

trainwrex 31-10-2013 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave;776550]rofl at council letting you do these changes t-dawg, imagine if everyone in the street did this ? ;)[/QUOTE]

But if its my land cant i put a parking spot wherever the fk i want to??

if the front wall is not heritage listed then why not?

Spektre 31-10-2013 03:16 PM

minimum frontage, landscape appeal, frontage uses... list goes on...

American Dave 31-10-2013 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=trainwrex;776551]But if its my land cant i put a parking spot wherever the fk i want to??

if the front wall is not heritage listed then why not?[/QUOTE]

because council :eek:

RUSSGT 31-10-2013 03:23 PM

Sif the fezza could drive up that...

thehowlfactor 31-10-2013 03:24 PM

City of Stirling Heritage Protection listings often include streetscapes and front gardens. For that reason they may deny you permission. Depending on what part on Mt Lawley you are in and what council you are part of, that part of the Heritage Protection may differ.

From City of Stirling website.

[I]To ensure heritage character is retained, protected and reflected in any new development, Inglewood, Mt Lawley and Menora are classified as Heritage Protection Areas within the City of Stirling. Find out more about our heritage protected areas.

The retention of heritage buildings, gardens and streetscapes is important, as these are the features that give the municipality its special heritage character.
Given the above, the City of Stirling has established three Heritage Protection Areas:
Inglewood
Mt Lawley
Menora
Some buildings in these areas are included on the City's Heritage List and Municipal Inventory , but many more contribute to the character of each area.

Local Planning Scheme No 3 outlines the intent of the Heritage Protection Areas, which is to ensure that their heritage character is retained and protected, as well as being reflected in new development. New buildings, where they occur, should be designed to fit into the existing streetscape, and be designed in a similar style, scale and proportions to the existing heritage buildings.

The main objectives of the Heritage Protection Areas are to:
Ensure the retention of buildings in the Areas dating from the early 1900s to the 1950s where the architectural style of the building is generally intact
Ensure that new structures, alterations and additions are in keeping with the heritage character, scale and proportions of surrounding buildings, and designed to fit into the existing streetscape
Maintain and improve existing street trees, grass verges and front gardens
Retain mature trees wherever possible
Provide a framework for the assessment of development applications in line with the above points.

The City has also adopted the Character Retention Guidelines for the Heritage Protection Areas which outline standards specific to each area.
For further information please contact the City's Approvals Unit via [email]stirling@stirling.wa.gov.au[/email] or on (08) 9205 8555.[/I]