Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2014, 09:45 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy.au View Post
One thing I did like, the Global President of Toyota made the announcement. In my mind it just shows it's a big deal for them and not something they took lightly
Given that it is normal for Japanese companies to employ their workers for life, it is probably a big deal in Japan if the company is forced to close down and have to make everyone redundant.

19.5psi tune 271.6HP@6000 351.3NM@4700
Old 11-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
they hate to admit defeat, and the last time was 1945
Not in some eyes!
And very small ones too

I'm allowed to say that!!
Old 13-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavx4 View Post
so just some good old Labor bashing?
Seems to me that the labor/union members can do a good enough job on their own ... others just bury there head in the sand.

Which one are you?

Media Statement from Bob Kernohan, former AWU President, Victoria Branch.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT OF A ROYAL COMMISSION INTO UNION CORRUPTION

I congratulate PM ABBOTT on the announcement of a Royal Commission into corruption in trade unions. I am perplexed however at Bill Shorten’s opposition to a Royal Commission and his claim that a police taskforce should investigate corruption in unions. Bill Shorten knows a lot of the detail about Julia Gillard and Bruce Wilson’s corrupt activities involving the AWU because he was there at the time it happened. So was I. Bill Shorten’s had 18 years to go to the police if he was serious about helping police investigate corruption and he hasn’t lifted a finger. So Bill, I can only think that you oppose a Royal Commission because you’re afraid of what it will report.

I recruited Bill Shorten into the AWU in 1992. Bill was my campaign manager in AWU union elections for the leadership of the Victorian Branch. My opponent was Bruce Wilson whose de facto Julia Gillard was a partner at the AWU’s law firm Slater and Gordon. My bitter campaign against Wilson was focused on serious financial irregularities in the union books. In 1996 the then AWU General Secretary, Ian Cambridge called for a royal commission into the AWU. I supported Ian Cambridge at that time.

Bill Shorten knew at least as much as I knew about the frauds - we discussed it at the time, but since then I’ve seen no positive actions at all from Bill to bring offenders to justice, in fact Bill's done the opposite.

Bill Shorten urged me to participate in the cover up - "think of your career, Bob” he said. I know that Bill Shorten has not assisted either the Victoria Police or the WA Police to bring offenders to justice. He did nothing as State Secretary in Victoria, nor as AWU National secretary in 2001 thru 2007. He never called in the police to investigate. Bill Shorten chose to cover the fraud up; and to add insult to injury, he was a key player in installing Julia Gillard into the Lodge!

A Royal Commission where persons of interest are compelled to give sworn evidence is the only way that corruption in unions will ever be fully exposed and people made to be accountable for their criminal actions.

I can be reached on 0438901594 and I am happy to talk on the record.
American Dave and Soksta like this.
Old 13-02-2014, 11:59 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Seems to me that the labor/union members can do a good enough job on their own ... others just bury there head in the sand.

Which one are you?
chill dude, I was just pointing out that posting an article for the sole purpose of claiming certain party or individual is lying or a liar is not really helping the rest of us understand why Toyota pulled out.

Old 13-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
chill dude, I was just pointing out that posting an article for the sole purpose of claiming certain party or individual is lying or a liar is not really helping the rest of us understand why Toyota pulled out.
I'm fully chilled mate ... air con sorts that out.

A panelist on a current affairs program related an instance many would have missed. Toyota CEO, Akio Toyoda, was giving a luncheon address to a business group, (paraphrased):

“Two years ago we were working so hard to create conditions whereby we could stay in this wonderful country and produce cars.

"We had restructured the business and, despite acceding to recent union demands for even better wages and conditions, we were seeing a dim light flickering at the end of the tunnel.

“We were honest with our employees and had explained the seriousness of the company’s economic plight.

"They had assured us of their cooperation, so we determined to all pull together in a desperate attempt keep the company viable.

“There was an air of camaraderie, a feeling of hope.

“It was Australia Day that week and it fell on a Thursday. On the Friday thirty percent of our workforce didn’t turn up, thirty percent called in sick.

“That’s when I finally realised we were stuffed.”

Does that answer your question?
Old 13-02-2014, 02:36 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
I'm fully chilled mate ... air con sorts that out.

A panelist on a current affairs program related an instance many would have missed. Toyota CEO, Akio Toyoda, was giving a luncheon address to a business group, (paraphrased):

“Two years ago we were working so hard to create conditions whereby we could stay in this wonderful country and produce cars.

"We had restructured the business and, despite acceding to recent union demands for even better wages and conditions, we were seeing a dim light flickering at the end of the tunnel.

“We were honest with our employees and had explained the seriousness of the company’s economic plight.

"They had assured us of their cooperation, so we determined to all pull together in a desperate attempt keep the company viable.

“There was an air of camaraderie, a feeling of hope.

“It was Australia Day that week and it fell on a Thursday. On the Friday thirty percent of our workforce didn’t turn up, thirty percent called in sick.

“That’s when I finally realised we were stuffed.”

Does that answer your question?
saw that. still interested in whether anyone has some numbers that compare government assistance to the car industry around the world.

Old 13-02-2014, 02:54 PM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

Quote:
saw that. still interested in whether anyone has some numbers that compare government assistance to the car industry around the world.
I think you will find that actual facts with respect to the government are hard to come by.

Tags
2017, australia, cars, cease, making, toyota