Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   New fixed speed camera exiting tunnel (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/57713-new-fixed-speed-camera-exiting-tunnel.html)

seagull 09-03-2014 11:46 PM

New fixed speed camera exiting tunnel

I see there is new fixed speed cameras set up exiting the perth tunnel as you head to Belmont. It's just after the on ramp as you come out of perth heading south on the left had side of the road.

RJ999 11-03-2014 04:20 PM

Neil,

Where is that new speed camera? Is it on graham farmer just out of the tunnel?

I drive through the tunnel from freeway to graham farmer freeway to go onto orrong almost everyday and my housemate does this trip morning and afternoon everyday.
I can't spot it and neither can he, we've been looking for it since you posted this.
Please describe where it is and what it looks like, if it is like the one at Karrinyup, Reid Highway, and Como? also couldn't spot any surveillance cameras like where all the fixed speed cameras are...

By the way, there is a new telecoms box just before the bridge over the swan! is that it? :rolleyes:

Are we looking in the wrong spot?

amtrapid 11-03-2014 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=RJ999;790979]Neil,

Where is that new speed camera? Is it on graham farmer just out of the tunnel?

I drive through the tunnel from freeway to graham farmer freeway to go onto orrong almost everyday and my housemate does this trip morning and afternoon everyday.
I can't spot it and neither can he, we've been looking for it since you posted this.
Please describe where it is and what it looks like, if it is like the one at Karrinyup, Reid Highway, and Como? also couldn't spot any surveillance cameras like where all the fixed speed cameras are...

By the way, there is a new telecoms box just before the bridge over the swan! is that it? :rolleyes:

Are we looking in the wrong spot?[/QUOTE]

Easiest way to find it is wind out 3rd gear as you leave tunnel and look for the flash:D

Dan [GTI] 11-03-2014 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=amtrapid;791007]Easiest way to find it is wind out 3rd gear as you leave tunnel and look for the flash:D[/QUOTE]

Or you could just drive at the speed limit in/out of the tunnel (and do all the silly buisness inside) like normal people so.

amtrapid 11-03-2014 06:00 PM

[QUOTE='Dan [SSZ];791008']Or you could just drive at the speed limit in/out of the tunnel (and do all the silly buisness inside) like normal people so.[/QUOTE]

I was only helping him find it :rolleyes:

teejay 11-03-2014 06:01 PM

If its the new Lidar it doesn't flash anyhow.

Dan [GTI] 11-03-2014 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=amtrapid;791009]I was only helping him find it :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well once he finds it ([I]after winding out 3rd gear[/I]) I doubt he will need to worry about speed camera for 6 - 12 months.

[QUOTE=teejay;791010]If its the new Lidar it doesn't flash anyhow.[/QUOTE]

So they have officially started to rolls these out? I thought only the vans had this, but I guess it was only a matter of time.

amtrapid 11-03-2014 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;791010]If its the new Lidar it doesn't flash anyhow.[/QUOTE]

but when he gets the fine in the mail the photo will give its position away :rolleyes:

s20525xxx 11-03-2014 06:12 PM

My v1 never beeps when I pass there. Maybe they havent put camera in yet?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

RJ999 11-03-2014 06:15 PM

Exactly the point of my post mate...there is no fixed speed camera at the location I described but instead a telecoms box...unless its in another spot.

[SIZE="1"]specsavers anyone[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=s20525xxx;791014]My v1 never beeps when I pass there. Maybe they havent put camera in yet?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]