Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2006, 08:15 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

joeman at standard level

teejay..
Webber is managed by Briatore but Briatore's future with Renault is still unsure. Again its a cost thing. If Renault can get someone capable at a good price, then they are likely to go that route.
Having said that, Kimi is supposed to be going to Ferrari but i think the sticking point is the german cheater in the No 1 seat. Talk was at one stage of Ferrari giving Kimi to Renault while Schumi ran around for another year. I dont think Schumacher would appreciate equal driver status with anyone.

My $0.02 worth
Old 14-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

briatore is a legend in his own right i guess.. look what he did to schumi back in mid 90's wit benetton-renault.. he made all the teams he managed into world title holders.. amazing work.. but also uncle ron at mc merc is no stranger to f1 being around for like 30 years plus.. he also has the brains to pretty much lure anyone to the silver arrows.. id like to see schumi finish up in mclaren and kimi to go red and webber to be no 1 driver at renault... bring back häkkinen!!! he could have done so much more b4 he went dtm's
Old 14-07-2006, 09:14 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

joeman at standard level

Mika was the ducks nuts. An amazing driver who came back from a nasty prang and took 2 titles. Jumped into the car first time and out qualified Prost. My boy's second name is Mika outa respect for a great driver. Would have been good to see him keep hounding Schu, but I think the car developement stalled in the early 00s with both engine and chassis. Ilmor lost a major engineer/director in a plane crash and never seemed to recover. Cant remember his name, but he was a founder at Ilmor and Merc engines just seemed a little lack lustre. The banning of exotic materials within the engine structure also seemed to hamper performance as well.
I really hope Kimi stays at McLaren. Would make for interesting racing.
Old 14-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Mika replaced Michael Andretti after Monza 1994 If I recall, but he had never actually bettered a time set by Michael in any of thier testing, so Andretti was very unlucky to lose his ride. He wasnt performing though, and that was more a combination of having to learn everything about F1 while it reeled from the loss of Senna, and trying to adapt to living in Europe.

So Mika got a very lucky break before he became a champion, so maybe its time for Marks luck to go the right way.

Briatore is a mastermind, along with Todt and Dennis, who knows what could end up happening?

Webber to Mclaren is unlikely, like 99.9999%, Renault is certainly an option...

There was a quote that Ferraris bill for drivers next year is going to be 60 million dollars.

Shumacher is one, the only other two drivers to pull that sort of cash.....

Alonso and Kimi .... And Alonsos going to Mclaren....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-07-2006, 10:09 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

joeman at standard level

Webber staying at Williams is also an option. Yeah, I suppose you need to be in the right place at the right time.
I'm not sure how team orders would go at Ferrari with MS and KR in the same team. Bear in mind that Massa is actually doing a good job, but this is how Barrichello(spelling) started off and eventually became demoralized in the end.

There is no doubt that given the right package, Webber could do very well. But this could be said for maybe 30% of the grid. The difference is the ability to drive a car that is not quite right from what it is capable of to P1.
Williams-Toyota may be a good start if Frank gets the deal done.
Old 14-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Dobbo at standard level

If webber was smart, he'd take a pay cut to go to a competitive team like renault, then look at where to go, and what money to ask for when he has the results on the board.. 'coz at the moment, considering his tallent, he's got.. well.... F**k all.
Old 15-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

A toyota powered Williams is pretty much a certainty... and if Williams can sort that final 5% of the chasis package.. its going to be bloody quick!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
attention, f1, fans, mclaren