Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Free standing garage (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/62220-free-standing-garage.html)

trainwrex 07-04-2016 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=Daaaamien;837266]For the granny flat that we build we have used a normal shed and then used insulation and gyprock to seal up the walls and roof... its an idea if you're wanting an enclosed shed. Would't be able to say what its worth just doing that as a shed but all up we paid about $30k for the project... the 6.4m x 4.6m structure cost $14k but that's including pad, two windows, door, veranda, insulation and labor. Slap on some Gyprock and you're done.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;837267]Gyprock isn't bespoke enough especially for whats to be stored in the garage.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Daaaamien;837268]Oh okay, so I'm guessing that Tino is going with brick for the moisture/heat and sound insulating purposes?

Sorry just thought I would put some input in :([/QUOTE]

Wayno was just taking the piss...

I currently have a colorbond shed garage so thats why i am looking at better material for this next week in terms of wall structures for both heat insulation and sound properties.

[QUOTE=nauli;837278]..............[/QUOTE]

Make it happen Steve!

V3 RA 07-04-2016 01:22 PM

Still putting a hoist in homo?

Daaaamien 07-04-2016 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=trainwrex;837279]Wayno was just taking the piss...

I currently have a colorbond shed garage so thats why i am looking at better material for this next week in terms of wall structures for both heat insulation and sound properties. [/QUOTE]

Ahh right... well I would just go shed exterior and then grab some insulation batts from Bunnings and chuck them in between the tin and some Gyprock...

Is you current shed the right size for this or will you need to make a bigger one.

magic1 07-04-2016 03:43 PM

[QUOTE=trainwrex;837264]I was thinking about texture coating the outside.

But i dont know how expensive the panels and installation are compared to traditional brick panels or sound barrier panels...

I got a quotation of panels from urban wall but they seem more expensive then getting a brick wall constructed..[/QUOTE]

no shit. bricks are cheap.

trainwrex 07-04-2016 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=Daaaamien;837282]Ahh right... well I would just go shed exterior and then grab some insulation batts from Bunnings and chuck them in between the tin and some Gyprock...

Is you current shed the right size for this or will you need to make a bigger one.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=V3 RA;837281]Still putting a hoist in homo?[/QUOTE]

That's the plan if I cant go wide I must go up ha

[QUOTE=Daaaamien;837282]Ahh right... well I would just go shed exterior and then grab some insulation batts from Bunnings and chuck them in between the tin and some Gyprock...

Is you current shed the right size for this or will you need to make a bigger one.[/QUOTE]

I need to make it slightly wider and longer

[QUOTE=magic1;837286]no shit. bricks are cheap.[/QUOTE]

I thought labour would be the killer but it dosent seem like it!

Strubaru 08-04-2016 09:39 AM

rendered brickwork for the win Tino, shame my father in law has retired and moved down south (he was a brickie) will ask around mates at work to see if they have any they can recommend

trainwrex 11-04-2016 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=Strubaru;837304]rendered brickwork for the win Tino, shame my father in law has retired and moved down south (he was a brickie) will ask around mates at work to see if they have any they can recommend[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate see what you can find..