Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

it's complex, rexs get targetted because everyone knows they go fast and what they sound like, even old ladies.

this is the way I see it. Driving fast, but not breaking any speedlimits, muffler is below legal limits (ish..cruising it's quiet, WOT, discretion must be shown) = not hoon.

exceed speedlimits, rip up public roads (gravel and bitumen), rip up any grass nrear roads, all between 11pm and 4am, no muffler. = hoon.
Old 19-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SCOOTER at standard level

The area I live in is a 50kph but with a sugested speed limit of 40kph. There are a lot of kids in the area and I have 2 myself. I always drive at 40kph but it sounds like i'm going faster in 2nd or 3rd gear. I always get dirty looks while driving through the estate but have never been abused.
I wonder if the daft bitch (who has kids herself) that hoons down my street at about 60-70kph in her bunky old Falcon gets the same dirty looks.......
Old 19-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Ive got extensive experience in this matter :

In my 7 months at the water corp, Ive had two complaints - one for the Liberty one for the Cressida, both of them not made to me, but rather behind my back to my division boss. He is well aware im into cars, used to be into them himself, he follows me into and outta work often. He knows my motec has average cold start and the throttle needs pumping for the first minute or so. We have massive speedhumps... you cannot do more then 15kmh, and I dont. The limit in the yard is 15kmh. Both complaints have comments "loud black car". The first one I ignored. The second I asked for the name of the person who filed the complaint, went and chased her down, and asked for to explain herself. By the end of it she felt rather sheepish... I was not rude or angry or anything like that to her, just explained that her stereotyping of loud = fast was incorrect.

Ive had plenty of issues on the street too. Cressida was stupidly loud, like way too excessive on noise, blame the people at hks for that. I copped abuse at least 5 times. Huy where is your street... if your near Mirrabooka High School it might be the same road , I had a women run out to yell at me at like 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. So I stopped, and calmy told her my exact speed, and that once again loud did not equal fast. She continued to rant at how I was a idiot hoon etc, so I just drove off slowly. When I came back past two later..... lets just say she had two black reasons to whinge out the front of her house Now im sure alot of you will go omg hoon! but theres a limit to what ill take, why should I be treated like scum for something I havnt done. If she wants to whinge, I gave her a real reason to do so.

I have three retirement complexes, a park, a Church, and two schools in my street, and since the Liberty has hardcore reversion noises, I've copped abuse maybe 10 times in the month it was on the road. mostly from the oldies around the area. Never driven it quicker then 30kmh down my street. Our street is 400m long and im halfway down it, plus it goes around a 90 degree bend. Unlikely ill be breaking any speed records on the way to the end of it. One of the old buggers even came and knocked on my door while I was at work and had a whinge to my olds. Now I dont care about grampa Simpson, but I do care when my parents go off their trolley at me - old angry wog parents suck at times like that.

We do bring alot of this on ourselves, but on the other hand its not like im driving around throwing speed and crack out the window to school kids. I choose to modify my car, I also choose to drive with alot of respect in any built up area. Im sure alot of drive better then most normal people because we know we are being watched. I will not do more then 50 in a 50 residential area. So why should I have to put down and degraded by some moody old whore? Respect goes both ways, and once its gone, game on.

Like Joe said, fuck em. They can eat a dick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by teejay; 19-08-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old 19-08-2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atz 242
it's complex, rexs get targetted because everyone knows they go fast and what they sound like, even old ladies.

this is the way I see it. Driving fast, but not breaking any speedlimits, muffler is below legal limits (ish..cruising it's quiet, WOT, discretion must be shown) = not hoon.

exceed speedlimits, rip up public roads (gravel and bitumen), rip up any grass nrear roads, all between 11pm and 4am, no muffler. = hoon.

I disagree Pete. You can sit on 140kmh in the right place at the right time and not be a hoon. I know on the way to Albany we sat at around 120, which is above the speed limit, but everyone drove with the upmost respect and intellegence, it certainly wasnt hooning. No traffic, no people, not stupidity, it was certainly a safe speed, and not hoonlike.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
I disagree Pete. You can sit on 140kmh in the right place at the right time and not be a hoon. I know on the way to Albany we sat at around 120, which is above the speed limit, but everyone drove with the upmost respect and intellegence, it certainly wasnt hooning. No traffic, no people, not stupidity, it was certainly a safe speed, and not hoonlike.
You have to understand that not everyone share the same sentiments as we do.

Theres too many morons out there spoiling the market for us.
Old 19-08-2006, 04:00 PM

I agree .. for example, 120kmh on the freeeway, on any night, 8- 11pm, still tons of traffic, tons of normal road users, weaving in and out of traffic, accelerating then smashing brakes on etc etc, thats more of a concern for me ... I saw so much of that on the ignition cruise, just shook my head.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
i agree, I'll get shot for this.....but I like to speed safely.
Old 19-08-2006, 07:09 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer
Would "Stereotype" be the right word to use ?
not really because that implies some ppl are being stigmatized wrongly. but i don't think there's one person who can honestly say thay haven't given their car a heap of shit at least once down a public street . having full points to ur licence or never being caught has nothing to do with it.

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 19-08-2006, 08:02 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

1crznrx at standard level

happened to me as well a while back with my integra (which had a big dirty cannon ) was turning right onto the tonkin hwy from welshpool road coming home from school. go round the corner and there is a cop car that has pulled ova some other guy. cops look up one races back to the car and points the hand held at me, i look down doing 50 in a 100 zone and as i go past cop screams out HEY at me. i just shrug my shoulders like WTF!?!?! and kept driving. luckaly didn't see them again.
Old 19-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PFFT]
not really because that implies some ppl are being stigmatized wrongly. but i don't think there's one person who can honestly say thay haven't given their car a heap of shit at least once down a public street . having full points to ur licence or never being caught has nothing to do with it.
In that case if you go by the books, I guess you have a point there.

Tags
day, rant