Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005, 10:29 AM
totoro

Lightbulb Targa West volunteers needed

Hi guys,

I'm helping to get hold of chicane officials for Taga West in September. I had gone to the practise event and saw few nice cars such as S13 silvia, new Porsche GT3, FD3, 300zx, Renault, etc so there are nice cars present. Presently there is not enough teams of officials and we need another few to be able to cover this event.

Chicanes are required to keep the stage average speed below 132km/h as required by CAMS and the FIA. WA does not have that many tight twisty roads (compared to Tassie for example) so we will need between 16 to 19 teams to set-up the required number of chicanes for the event, something like about 75 in total over the 4 days.

Each chicane team will be made up of 3 people, one is the senior post marshal SPM (you!), another is the bollard replacement marshal (BRM) and the last is a flag marshal. Unless you are keen to join up with another person that you know, already on this list, I would like you to think about getting a couple of your friends/family involved so you can be out there with good company and enjoy yourself at the same time.

The itinerary shows a few stages are repeated and a few others are spread out across the region, so if you have any preference to either stay in one place (with one set-up) and watch the cars pass you a few times, or travel around (set up, pack away, move, repeat) and see as many different stages as possible.

The details for training and events are as follows. Please note that training is not compolsory, so if you can't make both dates you can still be involved.

Training - AHG Driver Training Center, Grogan Road, Perth Airport
14th August (Sunday) - 11am

Chicane Team Meeting - Venue TBA
30th August (Tuesday) - 7:30pm

Targa West Event
8th September (Thursday) - 3:30pm to finish
9th September (Friday) - 7:30am to finish
10th September (Saturday) - 8:00am to finish
11th September (Sunday) - 8:00am to finish

Please contact Mitch Templar on 0418 959 023 or mitch.templar@mainroads.wa.gov.au to register your interest and he will email you the appropriate forms, itinerary, maps ect. Please get involved if you can.

Me and some of my mates are involved and its a good way to support local motorsporting event.

masahiro
Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Turbohead

You probably should mention that you will need CAMS official accreditation to be an official on the event.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

Hey what about the GC8 Yellow WRX that was there that day? What was that, dogmeat?

And i dont think the S13 (julia's) is entering the event

g.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:25 PM
julz

nope, I'm naving for kim ledger, in a wrx incidentally
Old 12-08-2005, 08:29 PM
totoro

you dont need cams license to be a volunteer for the chicane team as i do not have one and my mates dont have any either... its not for an official position... just setting up chicanes on the course...
Old 14-08-2005, 06:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

my3_wrc at standard level

i am or ready working on the event as a senor spec marshal

Last edited by my3_wrc; 14-08-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 14-08-2005, 07:12 PM
STI Master

Andy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead
You probably should mention that you will need CAMS official accreditation to be an official on the event.

i was under the impression that you didnt, hence why the bloke organising this (mitch) has said otherwise.
Old 15-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Turbohead

I think you will find that you do.... You can't officiate at a CAMS competition event without one anymore.

If someone killed themselves at your chicane then how do you expect to be covered when the lawyers come looking for you.

Only has to be a level 4 licence.... it was definitely brought up as an issue at the stage commander meetings.
Old 16-08-2005, 07:26 PM
totoro

well chicane teams do not need cams license as we are not there to help people out of burning cars... we are not even supposed to operate a fire extinguishers...

as the SOS dudes are the ones to deal with it...
havng said that we do have a CB so we will just radio the closest SOS dudes to help them out...

if any of you have issues with this please mail mitch who is organising the chicane teams as im not aware of the fine details...

only thing i know is we need few more people to volunteer for the chicane team...
Old 16-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Turbohead

Even the dudes that enter the times into a laptop need CAMS accreditation so pulling people out of cars has nothing to do with it.

Road closure officials at Rally Oz needed accreditation and I don't see what you are doing is much different.

Tags
targa, volunteers, west