Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby
Default The saga continues....

As some of you may remember, some moron ran into the back of my rex about 3 weeks ago (Im still waiting to get it back)
As it now turns out, the moron who drove into the back of my car is now claiming it wasnt his fault, and his story differs from what he originally said. (dont know how he figures its not his fault, since he hit the back of my car and my car wasnt even in motion) he refuses to talk to my insurance company when they ring him and his insurance company is being unco-operative. Basically, his insurance company is not corresponding with mine, which is holding up things, while I still get my car fixed, Ill have to pay the excess ($500) until its sorted out.

So, thanks to the fucking retarded P plater moron who wasnt watching the road properly, not only has he taken my car off the road, and caused me neck injuries, hes costing me $500 just before christmas because hes trying to blame me. (even though the police have said it wasnt my fault) The insurance companies still have to argue it out, with his insurance company not helping matters, my insurance company think it may take a while to get this sorted.

So, heres a big FUCK YOU to the moron who hit my car and his insurance company.... GIO

A warning to fellow P-WRX's......AVOID GIO!!! (worst insurance company Ive EVER had to deal with, and Ive dealt with quite a few)

BTW, RAC (my insurance co.) say that once its sorted out, they will refund the $500, but the way things are going, its unlikely to be before christmas.
With this excess and other expenses related to this accident that GIO have refused to cover, I am now nearly $1500 out of pocket, which means I dont have any cash for chistmas (for presents or other use) so as you can imagine, Im pretty angry with the guy, and its probably just as well for his sake, I dont know where he lives.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

WRXPECT at standard level

my mum had the same problem as u basically. some guy hit her car and had no insurance no licence and kept changing his story. anyway my mum had to pay excess and only got her money back 7 months later
Old 05-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Thumbs down

I really sympathise with you Gumby. There is nothing worse than an irresponsible fucker who won't own up to doing something wrong. Evolution should take them out of the gene pool period.

Before I start my RANT as well a few very good tips after a fucker runs into your car.

1) Don't get out of the car straight away, even though you probably will want to wring the neck of the person that has just hit you.

2) While sitting in the car. Call 131 444 or 000. Tell the operator that their has been an accident and you suspect someone is injured (hopefuly not U). The police are then required to attend the scene of the accident.

3) Under no circumumstances move your car so you can let traffic through, even if your blocking peak hour and its pissing with rain.

4) While you have stopped traffic grab as many witness Names and Addresses that you can.

5) Finally talk to the fucker that has run into you. Let them do the talking, hopefully in front of a witness if your by yourself. Grab one from a stopped car.

6) Take photos of the scene on any camera you have handy.

Let the police attend and take statements, photographs etc.

These are the hard lessons I have learnt after being Hit and Run by a tailgating irrersponsible fucker July past. We decided to move cars and the C*&^ did a runner. I was very very low on fuel, dark and no chance to give chase. Police still yet to track him down.

J
Old 05-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

sorry to hear that dude, there are some real tools out there and dont we all just wanna smash em, if i was you the first thing id wanna be doing is finding out where he lives so i could go "see" him. insurance companies dont make things better, in my book they are all a bunch of rip off fucktards.

same sorta shit happened to my mate last year, some old asian man and my mate were going round a two lane corner when he swerved into my mates lane and hit him, he later claimed it was my mates fault!!!! it was bullshit.

hope ya get things sorted dude, good luck.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:33 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

skeptic at standard level

Did you report the accident to Third Party Insurance? If you received injuries then you need to do this.

http://www.icwa.wa.gov.au/mvpid/mv_r...accident.shtml
Old 06-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

yeah, its reported
Old 06-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Simon at standard level

man thats totally screwd up, sorry to hear, and that the last thing u need right b4 xmas

Forester GT
Old 06-12-2006, 08:41 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Any idea where this p later moron lives or his plate numbers? There are ways to sort every problem even if the insurance companies do not want to lift a finger!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:38 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

BuBs at standard level

awww no good very sorry to hear that hey! Its a wonder why we fork out so much money to insurance sometimes cause they dont do squat all!! Ive had my experience with insurance and i hope not to deal with them ever again
Old 06-12-2006, 10:47 AM
STI Master

feral at standard level

i had an accident which wrote off my car on new years eve last year gumby and rac finally paid up in febuary so i know what sort of predicament you are in mate ,

Tags
continues, saga