Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Photos of my F6 Typhoon (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/9021-photos-my-f6-typhoon.html)

phizzle 02-02-2010 07:29 PM

Put 1000rwhp Barra6T motor into old skool Capri with a 9 inch, 4 link rear end with tubs, 4MT toploader will do or better yet fully manulised auto.

Come to think of it, work up a 240Z and put the monster motor in that. 240Z + Holinger + trick rear end + your imagination and fundage = happy times.

BALISTC 02-02-2010 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=phizzle;428155]Put 1000rwhp Barra6T motor into old skool Capri with a 9 inch, 4 link rear end with tubs, 4MT toploader will do or better yet fully manulised auto.
[/QUOTE]

It's already getting done dude, guy on Antilag has a Capri drag car with F6 motor in it in the build.

phizzle 02-02-2010 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC;428181]It's already getting done dude, guy on Antilag has a Capri drag car with F6 motor in it in the build.[/QUOTE]
WRX's have had cages, pedal boxes etc etc too but he still built one anyway :D

Besides, even more reason to drop it into a 240Z :-p (looks waaayyyyyyy better IMHO)

Pimpreza 03-02-2010 12:22 AM

There used to be red Capri with a turbo'd falcoon motor that raced at Wanneroo about 20yrs ago, went like a shower of shit and you couldn't hear it at all, you'd just see it shoot past everything on the straight, there was also a turbo'd Capri drag car with a Falcoon motor that ran on LPG, also went like stink so nothing new here apart from the fact that these new motors were pre turbo'd from the factory......unlike the old ones that had blood & guts poured into them before the interweb was around to tell you how to do it.

DAN682 03-02-2010 08:01 AM

My mate has a RB20DET engine in his Capri. By far the scariest thing I have ever been in. Mainly for the fact that I had to wrap the seat belt around the non working hand brake as it was missing the buckle and also the fact that it had no dashboard, just bare wires dangling all over the joint.

We dragged a Maloo off the orrong rd lights and he had no chance. Was pretty funny since this Capri had all rust through it, different coloured panels and blew the doors off this new HSV. Was mega fun.

Putting a Barra in one would be fucking awesome!! doo eeet do eeeet

trainwrex 03-02-2010 08:29 AM

Ramon, from the many discussions we have had over this very issue, i dont think that it would be worthwhile starting another project. The very fact is as we have both outlined is the frustrations of getting the project from idea to fruition.

Now that you have churros on your plate, i dont think you would want to add anymore stress. Also you said that you would share development costs, however if it isnt in your car or a car that you own then its really not yours (if you understand my point).

Imo you have a very fast car as it is. If you want to hit that magical 1000whp then just strap a bigger huffer on your current setup??

I think you should get the RW finished then just enjoy the cars for what they are rather then starting up another project.. Modding cars to the extent that we have is just not worth the stress anymore i think, better things to life.

DEDLYWEPN 03-02-2010 08:41 AM

^^ First sensible words spoken on the topic

American Dave 03-02-2010 08:47 AM

wow Tino I am stunned :eek:

waxdass 03-02-2010 10:10 AM

tino i love you

sleepy 03-02-2010 10:37 AM

Buy a GT-HO when it comes out, with the Supercharged 5.0L and give that a tickle.