Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Photos of my F6 Typhoon (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/9021-photos-my-f6-typhoon.html)

trainwrex 26-03-2007 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=scotts17]Its a SA car and Yes ive seen the slip.
No cage
Mod list 12 pages long
This is not one of those pwrx stories, this is real
Believe it or not[/QUOTE]

NO cage.. thats the answer i was waiting for....

Did he pull a 10 on his first run??

WRXRW 26-03-2007 05:36 PM

[QUOTE=scotts17]Sorry mate I cant remember every mod.
Is that because you have a 15000k wrx
You calling me a liar[/QUOTE]

wow wow settle down, don't get personal!

so if u can't remember every mod why make such statements unless you have access to flat fact.

not calling you a liar per say, ill call the rant of front and rear 8 piston ap calipers a lie, unless of course you can provide evidence to show otherwise.

trainwrex 26-03-2007 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=scotts17]I dont know the ins and outs mate, but it did do a 10.001
Its quick enough to duck down and grab the milk from the shops.
Lets just say that[/QUOTE]

The reason what im getting at is no drag strip would let him run without a roll cage under 11sec. Take that as u will..

Have u got pics atleast to show us?

trainwrex 26-03-2007 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW]wow wow settle down, don't get personal!

so if u can't remember every mod why make such statements unless you have access to flat fact.

not calling you a liar per say, ill call the rant of front and rear 8 piston ap calipers a lie, unless of course you can provide evidence to show otherwise.[/QUOTE]

ramon u love a good stoush :p

WRXRW 26-03-2007 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=scotts17]Keep trying little man[/QUOTE]

stop wasting my time and at least get it right on your first go instead of after thoughts....no wait, edit....no wait ill say that too...re-edit!

sure your names not capa flash tuner? u seem to do a lot of edit!

Makavel 26-03-2007 05:50 PM

stereo shit looks good bro should sound the goods... and good to see its a ford and not a commohore :)

wtf i cant see any pics of the car bro u take them off or sumshit

STI325V6 26-03-2007 05:54 PM

Where are the photo's of the car??????

tuna 26-03-2007 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=scotts17]Stop sooking, its my mates car I cant remember everything about, and what tickles you.
Its 3000km away so its a little difficult.
I couldnt really give a fuk what you do to you ford, i was just giving you some input
You must hang with alot of bullshiters, your a little paranoid[/QUOTE]

ive looked into this capaflash gizmo, its pritty agricultural.
but if a fake drag strip result makes an ECU, then i cant wait.

why dont FPR and Stone Brothers racing use them?

207 de 26-03-2007 06:34 PM

For about 65K I can get a Phoon or a 2nd had R34 V-spec II...

Would it be fair to say both have similar tuning potential, the Phoon better kw/$ and a new car, the R34 would be a better preformance car (all round) that can still do a dash to Albany in comfort, mine you it's not new....hmm

edit; thats some serious doof Ramon....

btw, Stacey Pullen, 5 hour set.20$ Ambar, May 11.

Huy 26-03-2007 06:47 PM

[QUOTE=scotts17]Why is it rant, because you dont have that mod.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, i don't think Ramon can afford them. Isn't that right, dude? :p

trainwrex 26-03-2007 07:39 PM

im still waiting for him to answer my questions, but he ran away like a lil bebe.. :D :D

BALISTC 26-03-2007 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=scotts17]Believe it or not[/QUOTE]

Lock in b) NOT

Chaddy 26-03-2007 08:23 PM

Lock it in Eddie
We have a bullshitter

Elrico 26-03-2007 08:32 PM

Yeah i was always a holden fan. Think Ford went right with the BA's. Specially the Typoons (hehe). They are a very fast car, specially auto's. 10second Typhoon i would believe, all you gotta do is e-mail your mate, tell him to scan his little slip, send it to you, post it up here and id believe it.....maybe.

Dont spose its going to be like putting the temp sens in a boiling hot kettle whilst dynoing your car ey lol. 700kw at 400 degrees celcius, haardddd caawwww!

Mat 26-03-2007 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=atz 242]For about 65K I can get a Phoon or a 2nd had R34 V-spec II...

Would it be fair to say both have similar tuning potential, the Phoon better kw/$ and a new car, the R34 would be a better preformance car (all round) that can still do a dash to Albany in comfort, mine you it's not new....hmm

edit; thats some serious doof Ramon....

btw, Stacey Pullen, 5 hour set.20$ Ambar, May 11.[/QUOTE]

You'd have to go the the 34R. Different sorta car though.

AWD, RB26 et al. That said its also 5 years old :(

I dunno about the 10sec bit but there are some hardcore nizpro XR6T's and F6's floating around over east that put down some serious power. I mean the stage 3 kit is getting fairly serious so who knows about the next couple of stages!!

Daves ute would be up there in Perth wouldnt it?? ordinary et but mph of 120 isnt too bad for the mods :D

Alvaro351 27-03-2007 07:29 AM

Hi Ramon,

car looks great, wheels too. If you're going the Nizpro route, I'd imagine you've spoken to Simon from xtreme ford tuning.

Nizpro initially went with Motec before they knew the capabilities of the edit when tuning their stage IV kits. They reverted back to edit as nothing will give you the control of the F6 as the edit does.

I believe they had some issues with idle control on Brian Lord's 1000hp xr6t using the motec with they sorted with the edit.

Which ever way you go, look forward to hearing about it.

Alvaro

col 27-03-2007 09:00 AM

ba/bf turbo's are so yesterday. crappy AU utes are the future

EXPLICIT 27-03-2007 10:39 AM

Go the AU!!!!!

Look forward to seeing/hearing the doof doof!

(Pete: 34 if you like all round performance, F6 if you want to bake it up.)

urabus 27-03-2007 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW]
which car is this? i thought wa's fastest xr6/f6 was and auto and he is still in the high 10's as for fastest manual, 11.6 or something, run up the fordforums site, its all there.
[/QUOTE]

Ramon,

Car looks great ramon.

The xr6 you refer to that has run a 10.7 belongs to darren bowland. He has spent over $100k on it. Mind you he has done everything about 4 times. It is now running on race fuel. It is not his daily driver and it sits in the shed unless he wants to go for a blast. As far as he is aware it is the fastest auto XR6 in WA. Supposedly he reckons it has heaps more potential but we will see. Just out of interest he is still running an edit.

WRXRW 27-03-2007 12:32 PM

saw it @ fast friday few weeks back, had a quick squize in the pits after its 10.7 run. from what i could see, nizpro stage II/III, wilwood 6 pot fronts, cage and cobra glass back evolution seats....very nice!

been thinking about the nizpro kit since i bought the car. im thinking stage ii with stage iv turbo for my first upgrade and when the motor blows up go the stage iii.....i love how easy and relatively cheap (well compared to my previous modding experience) it all is! 540rwkw here we come!

[url]http://www.nizpro.com.au/cobra_kits_main.html[/url]

stinga 27-03-2007 12:51 PM

Ramon, have you spoken to Morgy (quigebo) about his nizpro kit on his car, he has had it on for a while and can probablly give you some good real life experience to help get you upto speed on the pros and cons of it all.
Al
ps scared the farken crap out of me when he took me for a blast, and I been around the block a few times at my age....

trainwrex 27-03-2007 12:55 PM

gosh those kits are expensive for what u get.. wouldnt it be better just to do the parts urself, or does it come with a warranty??

urabus 27-03-2007 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW]saw it @ fast friday few weeks back, had a quick squize in the pits after its 10.7 run. from what i could see, nizpro stage II/III, wilwood 6 pot fronts, cage and cobra glass back evolution seats....very nice!
[url]http://www.nizpro.com.au/cobra_kits_main.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Ramon,

He had the engine built in sydney .... twice. The kid is nearly as crazy as you. :eek: (Who do you know that has a diesel hilux (mechanically standard) that owes over $80k) If you want I can give you his number and he will be more than happy to tell you all about his dramas and what has and has not worked. His is a certifiable lunatic. His uncle is allan puglia who has a BA drag car that is running 6's or 7's. He is a stonemason and is making plenty at the moment and does not care what he spends on the thing.

It is fair to say that he does not do anything by halves.

He has had the gearbox built locally and strengthened several times and I think that he has got it sorted now.

He put the brakes in because he wants to go drifting.

Brendon

Turbo1978 27-03-2007 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=scotts17]Its a SA car and Yes ive seen the slip.
No cage
Mod list 12 pages long
This is not one of those pwrx stories, this is real
Believe it or not[/QUOTE]

Latest Perth street car says record for a manual F6/xr6t in OZ is an 11.7 @ 123mph. :eek:

Your mate should tell tell somebody

markveron 27-03-2007 08:21 PM

umm i feel very sorry for your ear drums

WRXRW 31-03-2007 07:18 PM

Update on first page.

POLARBEAR666 31-03-2007 11:00 PM

Why bother with MOTEC what a waste of money.

IF you can get a flash tune its going to be better than anything but a $6000 motec install.

All the fastest XR6's are running flash tune as per XTREME tuning in perth. They have fastest auto and manual atm i think.

Mat 31-03-2007 11:39 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]Why bother with MOTEC what a waste of money.

IF you can get a flash tune its going to be better than anything but a $6000 motec install.

All the fastest XR6's are running flash tune as per XTREME tuning in perth. They have fastest auto and manual atm i think.[/QUOTE]

I guess, its cause he can :)

Same reason u painted your car black. Cause you could and YOU wanted to!

Tino, Stage I comes with a 20K km warranty AFAIK but some of the kits do seem pricey for what you get. Stage one gives around 265rwkw

"NizEdit and custom tune, Nizpro Hi-flow injectors, heavy duty Cobra valve springs, servicing including Mobil 1 oil, genuine oil filter and full check over: $3495 inc. GST"

Tune is $1995, valve springs are about 250 before fitting, oil and oil filter would be less than $150 and i dunno how much the injectors would be..

Stage II gives you about 320rwkw and costs $8000. Alot of it seems to be dealing with fiddly stuff. Stuff like battery box, relocation of battery, cable ties etc.

XTREME have the kits and basic flash tunes for cheaper than nizpro do.

With only a tune they reckon that mid to high 12's is fairly easy and this has been proven a few times.

Ive decided to just run the same mods you'd do to a wrx or whatever. Intake, fmic, injectors, pump, 4" TBE and reflash and take it from there. Make it breath a lot better, run more than 5-7psi and hopefully keep it all nice and reliable. How much power and what trap speeds it will run is anyones guess though!

POLARBEAR666 01-04-2007 09:45 AM

how are u finding the ford build quality guys... any issues so far? I have read about problems with the headers loosening themselves off the block and then power dropping and then u need to tighten up the bolts periodically.

Also problems with teh diff cradle snapping bolts or soemthing.

STI-257 01-04-2007 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]Why bother with MOTEC what a waste of money.

All the fastest XR6's are running flash tune as per XTREME tuning in perth. They have fastest auto and manual atm i think.[/QUOTE]

ramon loves his motec I herd he even has motec crutchless undies!

POLARBEAR666 01-04-2007 12:53 PM

I heard ramon has motec m1600 because he runs 2x Motec m800's and that his lawn mower has motec with antilag and cutting speed linked to oil temp.

tuna 01-04-2007 01:26 PM

simon,
you may want to refer to a techinical release by motec in june last year.
[url]http://www.motec.com.au/pdf/27JUNE2006.pdf[/url]
2x motec's on an engine isn't difficult.

POLARBEAR666 01-04-2007 01:37 PM

ROFLMAO I was just taking the piss.

When is your second M800 getting installed then Tuna?

tuna 01-04-2007 01:53 PM

when i find a 2nd hand gold-box, it's easier/cheaper to wire two enabled motec's together, rather then buying an expander unit for extra inputs outputs...

trainwrex 01-04-2007 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Mat]I guess, its cause he can :)

Same reason u painted your car black. Cause you could and YOU wanted to!

Tino, Stage I comes with a 20K km warranty AFAIK but some of the kits do seem pricey for what you get. Stage one gives around 265rwkw

"NizEdit and custom tune, Nizpro Hi-flow injectors, heavy duty Cobra valve springs, servicing including Mobil 1 oil, genuine oil filter and full check over: $3495 inc. GST"

Tune is $1995, valve springs are about 250 before fitting, oil and oil filter would be less than $150 and i dunno how much the injectors would be..

Stage II gives you about 320rwkw and costs $8000. Alot of it seems to be dealing with fiddly stuff. Stuff like battery box, relocation of battery, cable ties etc.

XTREME have the kits and basic flash tunes for cheaper than nizpro do.

With only a tune they reckon that mid to high 12's is fairly easy and this has been proven a few times.

Ive decided to just run the same mods you'd do to a wrx or whatever. Intake, fmic, injectors, pump, 4" TBE and reflash and take it from there. Make it breath a lot better, run more than 5-7psi and hopefully keep it all nice and reliable. How much power and what trap speeds it will run is anyones guess though![/QUOTE]

Mat i suppose the 1yr (working on 20k average per yr) warranty does give piece of mind. but normally things always break after the first yr.. hahah

urabus 02-04-2007 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]how are u finding the ford build quality guys... any issues so far? I have read about problems with the headers loosening themselves off the block and then power dropping and then u need to tighten up the bolts periodically.

Also problems with teh diff cradle snapping bolts or soemthing.[/QUOTE]

Mine has been an unmittigated disaster. New gearbox at 8500km's. 2x Coolant leaks, Breaks fixed 3x. No am radio reception. Drivers seats would not move backwards and forwards. Also has an appetite for rear tyres. After the first 12 months once everything was fixed it has been pretty good. My exhaust sounds like it has a hole in it now so I will check the headers. Makes sense.

The thing that frustrates me the most (I have the ute) is that with the exception of the engine everything is AU XR8. The only thing that has not gone wrong is the engine. So they cant whinge about not having R&D budget etc. The just try and cut too many corners when they build it.

Anyways. New SS ute FTW in november when they get released

Brendon

POLARBEAR666 02-04-2007 04:28 PM

Yeah at least the SS has a better independent rear end.

Plus although the turbo 6 produces heaps of power. the 6L will produce similar power for not that much more money eg 330RWKW for around 7000 all found. Plus it will still look stock with heads and cam.

bumpstop 03-04-2007 08:17 PM

So this is where this thread is hiding :D

Damn Ramon, that gear knob was a bitch to undo, someone at Ford has a loctite fetish! :p

Anyway, front splits in!

Rear splits in!

Dynamatting done!

Fishpond reinforced! :p

Fishpond lid constructed and reinforced, awaiting post reinforment details and bonding to base.

Dvd location created, blended, and looking good so far.

Orb location having preliminary work started on it :)

Oh btw, we all love the wheels too!

And when i crawled under the other day i saw your suspension upgrades :) nice!

bumpstop 04-04-2007 07:53 PM

Vehicle hub orb dismantled and moulded in today, sweet :)

WRXRW 07-04-2007 05:21 PM

Update photos and details, as per usual, on the first page.