Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Photography and Media (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/photography-media/)
-   -   model shoot ideas ? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/photography-media/11162-model-shoot-ideas.html)

NVRENUF 22-03-2007 08:59 PM

model shoot ideas ?

I have a experiment shoot comming up..

we have the idea set up just need a location perferably south the river.

We have a girl who is wanting some photos done for her portfolio, and at same time i get some pratice at shooting different styles. 1st idea is on a motorbike. ducatti yellow if that makes any difference
all she will be wearing is a police style shirt slightly undone and short mini skirt
this is well one of the shots still need more ideas yet.

at the momment were trying to think of a good location to do them

and then also need some more ideas for other shots..

any one got some we can use.

Hurtenstein 22-03-2007 09:07 PM

My backyard as long as i get to be there!

NVRENUF 22-03-2007 09:13 PM

haha yeah i expected a few back yard being offered up...
lol

GERRIN THE TOWIE 22-03-2007 09:16 PM

my back yard had a truck doing a burnout in it. hehe

FFOUR 22-03-2007 09:29 PM

I'm doing a model shoot this weekend (girl + Mustang), not too fussed about location myself as the focus will be on her (and the car a little) so more than likely b/g will be out of focus.

If it matters for you then for a bike I'd look for a long stretch of tarmac or an industrial location.

SCOOTER 22-03-2007 09:47 PM

I like the yellow Ducatti idea, but I think she would look better bent over a yellow evo 4 :D

Hurtenstein 22-03-2007 09:54 PM

In my backyard/Spa... check the avatar..

slappy 22-03-2007 10:37 PM

I would use a grey concrete backdrop so that the colours pop off the neutral background. Also try and get some deflctors (or use those foil windscreen visors) and do the shoot around lunch time to the shadows are small.

Unless of course you want to move everything into the studio with an infinity wall and few sets of blondies or redheads (these are lights). Also maybe use a lightmeter as these make for perfect manual exposures and meter off a few different places.

Also shoot everything with a 70-200 if you have one. The model will look skinnier and it will compress the perspective better. Wide angles tend not to as so good for portraits.

NVRENUF 23-03-2007 06:43 AM

ok so no background at all well sorta you will just fill the frame with the subject ?

Really i was going to shoot with my 50mm which on our croped cameras is 85

but yes i have the 70-200 but only F4 what Fstop would u shoot.. specially to make sure u still get whole subject in focus.

I like the idea of the white or black backdrops.. mmmh wonder if my uncle would care about me wheeling a motorbike into his studio . lol

ImPreSiV 23-03-2007 06:51 AM

i'd do that tim... wheel it into a studio. Also you wanna make the model feel comfortable, the more comfortable she is, the more she will show :p

If you do it on a sunday, you could go to osborne park, find a nice area with concrete walls, and floor, I know some.. then hopefully no one would see you. Did a photo shoot a few weeks ago and we werent disturbed by anyone.