Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Photography and Media
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rspct at standard level
Default 400d owners...

Looking at getting this camera to start me off in dSLR land, seems to be suitable for myself in terms of budget and what I intend on using it for (travel, motorsport etc.). I will probably get the twin lens kit with some other extras (CF card, bag and the 50mm f/1.8 prime).

Are you happy with your purchase?

Where did you buy it from? How much and what did you get with it (if you don't mind me askin )?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Yep stoked! $1400 for the twin lens kit, cf card and bag.

Shot with Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL

Shot with Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:48 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

mate when ya get a few prices let us know cause one of my mates works at JB's and will do it for cost + about $5 for ya...
I can get ya 2GB CF cards for about $40 too if ya want
Old 09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

Hey man its a good Camera and I am a Canon man myself But if it was between the 400d and Nikon d80 I would choose the Nikon thats just my personal preference though the 400d is still a good dslr!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:34 PM
STI Master

chronic_2k at standard level

Mate, just got this camera last Friday, still figgiting around but am very impressed with the image quality. none-the-less awseome camera.
i got it for $885 with free camera bag, lens cleaning cloth, screen protector, pocket case, lanyards etc @ http://www.digitalrev.com/en/index.php
Old 09-07-2007, 07:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rspct at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic_2k
Mate, just got this camera last Friday, still figgiting around but am very impressed with the image quality. none-the-less awseome camera.
i got it for $885 with free camera bag, lens cleaning cloth, screen protector, pocket case, lanyards etc @ http://www.digitalrev.com/en/index.php
Sounds like most of you are fairly happy with the camera... Good

Chronic, the price you quote here I take is an import... Did you look into warranty issues? Becuase I'm pretty sure Canon Aus does not accept internationally purchased stock for warranty repairs. At least this is what I was told when I was looking for my oldies IXUS 65...

TopGear, I did consider the D80 and D40 from nikon but I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the D80, plus it being on the larger side (although it sounds to be an impressive camera), and the D40 seems to be lacking in features compared to the 400D. I was also told that the Nikon lenses tend not to focus as fast as the canon range, which could be an issue for motorsport... These reasons are what have led me to the Canon camp.

Nang, I may very well take you up on that offer Which store?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspct

Chronic, the price you quote here I take is an import... Did you look into warranty issues? Becuase I'm pretty sure Canon Aus does not accept internationally purchased stock for warranty repairs. At least this is what I was told when I was looking for my oldies IXUS 65...

TopGear, I did consider the D80 and D40 from nikon but I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the D80, plus it being on the larger side (although it sounds to be an impressive camera), and the D40 seems to be lacking in features compared to the 400D. I was also told that the Nikon lenses tend not to focus as fast as the canon range, which could be an issue for motorsport... These reasons are what have led me to the Canon camp.

hey bud, he works at JB's whitfords.. just let us know whenever and il find out for ya..
Old 09-07-2007, 07:25 PM
STI Master

chronic_2k at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspct

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/article...le_id=34&page=
not much of a hassle.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

Im prety Certain that Stu will Exchange a Faulty product for a new one and not make you wait for the old one to be sent away fixed and then returned.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Get a price from Stu at QCSA

Tags
400d, owners