Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Photography and Media (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/photography-media/)
-   -   Is Plaza cameras the place to go for cleaning? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/photography-media/21569-plaza-cameras-place-go-cleaning.html)

DAN682 16-08-2008 08:16 AM

Is Plaza cameras the place to go for cleaning?

I need to get my Sensor cleaned and my Lenses cleaned as there is dust on the inside of the glass.

Is Plaza Cameras still the place to go? They are quoting $300 over the phone for 5 lenses and a Sensor clean.

Cheers

GREXS 16-08-2008 10:56 AM

Whats your brand? Canon or Nikon ? If it is Canon, I'd bring to Canon :

Walk In Service Option - Canon Customer Care Provider
Hartland Camera
37-45 Brisbane Street
PERTH WA 6000
Ph: (08) 9328-3499

or

Canon Perth Branch Office
68 Hasler Road
OSBORNE PARK, WA 6017
Ph: 13 13 83

[QUOTE=DAN682]I need to get my Sensor cleaned and my Lenses cleaned as there is dust on the inside of the glass.

Is Plaza Cameras still the place to go? They are quoting $300 over the phone for 5 lenses and a Sensor clean.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

TopGear 16-08-2008 11:11 AM

is there much dust under the front element in the lenses? I wouldnt worry you dont see it in photos and its just gonna get in there again, you can clean your sensor youself too isnt hard at all.

DAN682 16-08-2008 02:09 PM

thanks for the replies guys.

It is a canon. Yes there is dirt under the element and it is showing up on images.

I am not too keen on cleaning the sensor myself.

Cheers.

Ps how's the new car topgear?

DGSWRX 16-08-2008 05:34 PM

Hey mate I used to work there Im not sure on whos there anymore because there was guys you could trust to clean the lenses pretty reasonable price not many people around the place really do it. There is a guy that works for Perth digital he was one of the guys I worked with his name is Ben he would be a person I would call great guy knows his stuff.

Cheers
Danny

TopGear 16-08-2008 06:40 PM

Yeah new car is goin good :) are you sure its the dust in the lenses and not the dust on the sensor? I would think the dust in the lenses wouldnt show up because its focused much further in front of the dust, unless they are huge bits of dust! and personally I wouldnt let anyone other then Canon take apart my lenses unless the place gave you a warranty for the repairs.

DAN682 16-08-2008 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=TopGear]Yeah new car is goin good :) are you sure its the dust in the lenses and not the dust on the sensor? I would think the dust in the lenses wouldnt show up because its focused much further in front of the dust, unless they are huge bits of dust! and personally I wouldnt let anyone other then Canon take apart my lenses unless the place gave you a warranty for the repairs.[/QUOTE]

Awesome about the car.

Definitely dust on the lens. I took the same photo with 2 different lenses, only comes up on the Tamron 11-18

DAN682 16-08-2008 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=DGSWRX]Hey mate I used to work there Im not sure on whos there anymore because there was guys you could trust to clean the lenses pretty reasonable price not many people around the place really do it. There is a guy that works for Perth digital he was one of the guys I worked with his name is Ben he would be a person I would call great guy knows his stuff.

Cheers
Danny[/QUOTE]

The chick I spoke to said she does the sensor clean. Sam I think her name was?

DGSWRX 17-08-2008 01:03 AM

Yeh I know her really well I forgot she was still there she is a good chick mate much trust in her work.

TopGear 17-08-2008 02:43 AM

yeah she is nice, Mate is upto you but cleaning your sensor is a peice of piss haha get a blower and if that doesnt get rid of it, mirror lock up and some Visibledust swabs and and couple drops of liquid swipe over sensor and your done! dont see the point in wasting the money and getting it cleaned once when you can spend that on the gear to do it yourself many times!