Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > For Sale (Cars Only)
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By westoz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-10-2017, 03:27 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level
Default 1999 MY99 DkBlue WRX sedan, mild mods.

Hey guys and girls...

At age 57, time to move on to something a little more staid, , gonna miss my baby.

1999 WRX Dk Blue Ltd sedan, the last of the classics, not the one in my avatar, that was my previous ride - never got around to uploading an updated pic of current ride (classics are still the best IMHO), it has a reasonable genuine 208xxx on the clock. Factory sun/moon roof, front mount intercooler, triple A pillar gauges (all powered but only boost connected at this time... wouldn't be hard to hook up the other two but I have a different lifestyle focus these days), lowered on Koni king springs, 17" gunmetal 10 spoke '04 rims with 2 good spares, catch can, added $600 double din Clarion head unit with GPS capability, BOV, 3" S/S turbo back, calibrated speedo - what the speedo says is fully accurate instead of the usual 3 to 4 or so km greater than actual speed, (easily checked with GPS), professionally installed AusCruise cruise control with steering wheel controls with a very factory look to it ($1K forked out... why, oh why didn't Subaru at least offer C/C as an option on the classics? On the open highway, which has been the status quo for me between Bunbury and Perth since I've owned this car for the last 2.7 years, it has been faultless). A terrific performer on the road. Never been tracked to my knowledge (despite my being tempted to take it down the quarter, just never got the opportunity due to work and other constraints). Timing belt done very recently. Only downsides that I can think of is that the driver's floorwell carpet is worn and the clear coat is quite faded, and my asking price reflects that. A friend in the spray paint business will see you clear, pardon the pun.

Asking $5000, negotiable within reason. I was so impressed with the car when I bought it from the previous owner (a qualified mechanic into Jap performance cars) that I didn't even bother haggling. Low ballers, test pilots and time wasters need not enquire.

Pics:

Will strongly consider straight swap (or low cash either way) for 2007+ auto-only 4 cyl medium size car, preferably a Mazda 6 or Japanese similar with under 150k on the clock.
PM for any enquiries, I will get back to you within same day if possible.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)

Last edited by westoz; 18-10-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Price amended
Old 17-10-2017, 02:23 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Hey all... done some reviewing, price drop to $5000 for a quick sale. I have just put it up on Carsales for that price so I need to reflect that here. Price still negotiable, but I am close to the negotiating limit. This is a great car and I am not just going to give it away.

Last edited by westoz; 18-10-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 21-10-2017, 12:09 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level
Default Sold

Sold !!!

Damn, that was quick... I reckon that my price was too low, even for a buyer's market.

And now after 14 years and two MY99 classics and being a member on here for that time, I no longer own a Rex
ALEX. likes this.