Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Offroad and 4WD
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Wiz Borg at standard level
Question L Series Lift Kit Bracket

Hey Guys!
Im new here and new to Subaru's and need your help!

Ive just bought this amazing EJ22 converted 89 L Series and im in love with it! Ive been a Toyota man for so long and decided i wanted to go offroad in style so i bought this, but last weekend i think we went a little too hard on her in the dunes and hit a gnarly bump and bent the rear right suspension bracket. Also the car is at a mates house 115Kms away in Ledge Point

I can see these brackets are custom made and was wondering if anyone knows of anyone or anywhere i could get some more made up but a lot more strong.

Im up for any suggestions and any ideas that anyone has!

Any Feedback would be awesome as im keen to get her on the road and off the road ASAP!

THANKS!!

*(see attachments)*
Attached Thumbnails
1344852595183.jpg   1344852610232.jpg   DSC02600.jpg  
Old 14-08-2012, 11:51 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Julz at standard level

Any engineering mob in perth should be able to do it (not from perth don't know any sorry, you will have to call around) Looks like it was a home job, they will know what kind of metal to use (looks like it was just mild steel :S not good...) just take a bracket off (or get your mate to and send it to you) give it to said engineering mob and and just get them to make 2 triangular braces to strengthen the L shape plus use thicker steel, also look at getting high tensile bolts, they will be the next thing to snap.

Hope this helps?

Julz
Old 14-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

fark, those brackets look so dodgey, as julz said i would suggest getting some made out of at least 8mm plate with triangular bracing between legs either side of strut top mount, i know someone who may be keen to help but is currently on holidays, are you out there rusty??

Tags
bracket, ej22, kit, l series, lift, liftkit, series, suspension