Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Stock ECU Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/stock-ecu-discussion/)
-   -   Ecu Suggestions? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/stock-ecu-discussion/18069-engine-control-unit-suggestions.html)

nicecar 14-02-2008 11:15 AM

Ecu Suggestions?

Hoping to get some feedback off you guys..

Im looking at getting the following parts put onto a [U][B]2005 STI[/B][/U]:

- ARC Fmic
- Walbro Pump
- Avo Dump

The car will probably not be modified any further. The car already has a cat back and cai.

I was going to go for a verso, but theyre booked 2 months in advance... Is there another option in terms of a tune? Ive read some of the threads in this section regarding ecutek and it seems there was a problem reliability at one stage?

Just looking for something that will give me decent results and above all....reliability. I realise verso has proven itself to be a decent product due to the 300 threads on it, but is it worth the wait?

saturation 14-02-2008 11:18 AM

definitely worth the wait. Bang for buck, Nothing comes close to it.

BOMB3R 14-02-2008 11:20 AM

EcuTek is realiable for what your after. Costs twice as much though.

There is so much info on these products you should not need to start a thread about this!

Luigi 14-02-2008 11:21 AM

I can see this thread turning out to be like the 300 other VERSO threads.

2 months wait it worth it.

You will happy that you waited the 2 months if you get the VERSO done.

MOTEC FTW......

muggz 14-02-2008 11:31 AM

NASIOC is correct - Muggz is Failz

:icon_fU:

BLUES 14-02-2008 11:37 AM

If you want to save $$ and are prepared to wait a few months, get a Verso reflash.

If you want a tune done now and are happy to pay an extra $500-600, get a Ecutek reflash done.

nicecar 14-02-2008 11:39 AM

What do you mean proper tbe? I have the avo dump with the metal cat -> stock front pipe -> trust titanium cat back

From what i read on naisioc there were not much gains to be had from replacing the front pipe? Or am i mistaken?

BOMB3R 14-02-2008 11:45 AM

Think about it for a minute and the answer should come to you.

sleepy 14-02-2008 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=nicecar]What do you mean proper tbe? I have the avo dump with the metal cat -> stock front pipe -> trust titanium cat back

From what i read on naisioc there were not much gains to be had from replacing the front pipe? Or am i mistaken?[/QUOTE]

You might be getting front pipe confused with up-pipe.

You really need 3" from the turbo all the way to the end to keep an even flow.

RUSSGT 14-02-2008 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]Think about it for a minute and the answer should come to you.[/QUOTE]
LOL

3"TBE means the pipe is three inches from the turbo to the tip of your exhaust. Generally known to give excellent results with a tune. :thumbsup: