Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Stock ECU Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Scoobie Noobie

delemonte at standard level
Default DIY programming stock immobiliser and remote central locking on MY01 WRX

G'day,

My Subaru garage has expanded from the one GC8 to two GC8s (one daily, another dedicated rally) and most recently a GG Bugeye WRX wagon (for the Mrs) as well. Regarding the bugeye wagon, it's an '01 (seemingly with the '02 upgrades - 4.44 gear ratio, updated antenna, ambient temperature on dash, etc.) and has had the Brant alarm removed. It came with one single two-button key that remotely locks/unlocks the car. I've also noticed the car locks itself automatically if you unlock it but don't turn the ignition on.

I'm not entirely sure what method of removal the previous owner undertook in removing the Brant. I also am just plain unfamiliar with the central locking and immobilisation of this model WRX. There is plenty of info around for USDM models but I'm not sure how relevant that info is to our AUDM models.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can DIY program a spare key with immobiliser (and possibly remote central locking too) without handing hundreds of dollars over to Subaru? Maintaining a working immobiliser is definitely ideal at this point.

If not, any experience or prices you guys have encountered would be helpful. Cheers!

Last edited by delemonte; 17-01-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Tags
central, diy, ecu, immobiliser, locking, my01, programming, remote, stock, wrx