Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   TV shows, Documentaries and Movies (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/tv-shows-documentaries-movies/)
-   -   Top gear! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/tv-shows-documentaries-movies/20511-top-gear.html)

BXT 18-03-2015 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=Saint_23;818899]We've all read that too. No where has JC said definitively that he quits and that TG is cancelled.

Until the BBC issue an official statement after the investigation most of it is just media speculation and hearsay.[/QUOTE]

....and unbelievably good publicity. (Not that TG really needed any more publicity)

Jeckle 18-03-2015 10:55 PM

Can only think of one thing with the warning sign re glass, and door instructions. Darwin awards. Might solve a few OHS safety issues. The rules were we save lower than the lowest common denominator, maybe they need to find their niche elsewhere.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

nauli 26-03-2015 08:32 AM

BBC have sacked Clarkson....obviously this will also be the end of Top Gear....

GTB Liberty 26-03-2015 08:53 AM

BBC will try desperately to keep it going ... May's most recent public comments are telling though.

I'm hoping the three move to a new network (Netflix?) and rebirth the show. the failures of almost every other Top Gear shows that it's not the show it's the interaction between Clarkson, May and Hammond that makes it work.

The BBC will seriously regret this decision in the end - the show was a cash cow.

Master D 26-03-2015 09:07 AM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;819344]BBC will try desperately to keep it going ... May's most recent public comments are telling though.

I'm hoping the three move to a new network (Netflix?) and rebirth the show. the failures of almost every other Top Gear shows that it's not the show it's the interaction between Clarkson, May and Hammond that makes it work.

The BBC will seriously regret this decision in the end - the show was a cash cow.[/QUOTE]

It's a shitty decision to make but by all accounts you can't keep someone on who was absusive and violent to another staff member. The fact that he turned himself into the boss is proof that he knew he was fucked.

Terrible to see what is ultimately the demise of arguably one of the only reasons I watched TV in the past 5 years.

Slap Dash 26-03-2015 09:19 AM

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7qcWwUx.png[/IMG]

GTB Liberty 26-03-2015 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=Master D;819346]It's a shitty decision to make but by all accounts you can't keep someone on who was absusive and violent to another staff member. The fact that he turned himself into the boss is proof that he knew he was fucked.

Terrible to see what is ultimately the demise of arguably one of the only reasons I watched TV in the past 5 years.[/QUOTE]

Whilst I agree with you Dave, after years in the "entertainment industries" I can assure you that this sort of behavior by artists / staff is certainly not uncommon.

I could cite hundreds of incidents ...

Tony 26-03-2015 11:23 AM

[YT]N6cfFnBNELs[/YT]

Slap Dash 26-03-2015 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;819349]Whilst I agree with you Dave, after years in the "entertainment industries" I can assure you that this sort of behavior by artists / staff is certainly not uncommon.

I could cite hundreds of incidents ...[/QUOTE]

How many stars have gone off the rails only to be forgiven and went on to make millions more...

Robert Downey Jnr – Did time. Look at him now.

Tim Allen – Did time for cocaine possession

Wesley Snipes – 3 years for tax evasion (not a terribly bad crime but still)

And the list goes on ...

dnbosiris 26-03-2015 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=Slap Dash;819352]How many stars have gone off the rails only to be forgiven and went on to make millions more...

Robert Downey Jnr – Did time. Look at him now.

Tim Allen – Did time for cocaine possession

Wesley Snipes – 3 years for tax evasion (not a terribly bad crime but still)

And the list goes on ...[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Charlie sheen :)