Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Verso Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/verso-discussion/)
-   -   CEL code deletion or full tune (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/verso-discussion/47000-cel-code-deletion-full-tune.html)

zuum 22-01-2012 08:46 PM

CEL code deletion or full tune

Hello

Plug: STechnic thanks for assisting with info code check.

I have a Stock MY05/06 Foz XT and CEL code due to Air pump 2 being stuffed I have two options to resolve.

I am not going to replace pump as it does nothing worthwhile (apologies to greenies) car goes fine, but CEL light remains on and I dont have cruise control.

Option 1: ECU crack and codes deleted $600, problem gone.

Option 2: ECU crack and tune $1000, problem gone plus extras on software gains.

Car is stock and likely to stay that way only has 53k mileage.
Any tuning would need to go back to tuners not my normal mechanics and a road trip to get there from South to North. :confused: or indecisive call it what you want, I have never been a hard core modder or tuner as WRX or XT's are quick enough for me stock.

I will not be replacing part for $2500 or going with the other $1500 ECU crack and tune option. Can ya tell im on a budget? Attempting to justify extra $400 maybe....

No names required as I am sure you all know the above mechanics, well you know where i'm going due thread this is posted in.

Thank in advance.

American Dave 22-01-2012 09:00 PM

My selection if I were you would option 2

The stock tune on your car will likely be quite rich and a bit all over the shop. A safe tune will fix this (Air Fuel Ratio map correction) which in your case will likely assist in improving your fuel economy. The flash tune should at the same time give you increased throttle response and power/torque the range safely.

Verso tune by Sean from ASG would be my suggestion even if you planned no other mods.

zuum 22-01-2012 09:21 PM

Forgot to mention its auto, not sure if that makes a difference.

Ta American Dave, Nice Foz by the way :cool:

American Dave 22-01-2012 09:25 PM

makes no difference and thanks

Jeckle 22-01-2012 11:05 PM

^^^ WHS, for $400 a tune is always a good result as opposed to a "simple" delete, enjoy the car as opposed to drive the car.

Kato 23-01-2012 08:55 AM

Who is doing the 'delete' and tune for the above prices?

TBH, removing a CEL should not be $600. I've never done it, but you could just get a tatrix cable + romraider. In Romraider, untick boxes for secondary air pump, reflash onto car. Unless this alters some other area of the tune that requires some more work.

XT_for_me 24-01-2012 08:33 PM

Removing the CEL is a 5 minute job with a Tactrix cable and RomRaider, surely a local member has these and can help out?

zuum 24-01-2012 10:29 PM

It is my understanding that ECU crack required, then delete linked codes with caution for $600 and tune $390. It is Verso and done by ASG, I guess you pay for the knowledge. Ecutek done by MMS dare I mention these in this discussion or same thread will only do job in its entirety for a higher price.

Honestly whilst I appreciate there are those that have tinkled (no offence) with these codes I need a reputable and reliable workshop not just 'someone'.

Of the dealers I enquired with I will say Michael from Melville was the only one forthcoming with labour discount even though car was not purchased from them, so if you want a Subaru see Melville.

XT_for_me 25-01-2012 06:12 AM

There is no "crack" required, you just download the ECU program with the Tactrix cable and use RomRaider to edit it. The change you need to prevent those CEL's from coming up is to remove one or two ticks from boxes. It is really that simple. When done you put the revised ECU program into the ECU with the Tactrix cable.

Intra 25-01-2012 07:16 AM

If you ask Sean nicely, he might just fix it without charge anyways.

[QUOTE=zuum;646256]It is my understanding that ECU crack required, then delete linked codes with caution for $600 and tune $390. It is Verso and done by ASG, I guess you pay for the knowledge. Ecutek done by MMS dare I mention these in this discussion or same thread will only do job in its entirety for a higher price.

Honestly whilst I appreciate there are those that have tinkled (no offence) with these codes I need a reputable and reliable workshop not just 'someone'.

Of the dealers I enquired with I will say Michael from Melville was the only one forthcoming with labour discount even though car was not purchased from them, so if you want a Subaru see Melville.[/QUOTE]