Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/wanted/)
-   -   WANTED: 2009 impreza wrx drivers window and rear passenger window (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/wanted/52905-wanted-2009-impreza-wrx-drivers-window-rear-passenger-window.html)

09betty 06-01-2013 08:14 PM

WANTED: 2009 impreza wrx drivers window and rear passenger window

Hi guys,

Just before i call the wreckers tomorrow, i thought i would post up on here for a replacement drivers side window and passenger window (rear privacy glass).

Any recommendations or any wreckers that may have these parts would be greatly appreciated.

steve-lang 06-01-2013 10:57 PM

Keen to know who you upset to have both windows busted??? :p

09betty 06-01-2013 11:17 PM

Nobody mate. I was parked at my misses house. Bunch of indigenous kids on stolen dirt bikes smashed the windows. I 'm not even assuming its stolen either. Cops even searched the surrounding bush area and found multiple quads/dirt bikes etc.

This all happened in Thornlie. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner tbh. lol

jasonmurray 06-01-2013 11:29 PM

Where abouts in Thornlie :/

steve-lang 06-01-2013 11:31 PM

Damn

09betty 07-01-2013 01:24 AM

Near the Tafe. Always hear the bikes ride past at 3 in the morning. Police said they couldn't really do anything either without concrete evidence since they share the stolen bikes and they cant really pin it on anyone. Even if they do get caught it will be a slap on the wrist. Sad situation really that nothing can be done.

Pimpreza 07-01-2013 06:09 PM

Thin wire across tracks placed after midnight and removed before 5am, you'll soon "be-head" one or 2 of them.........

1/ Stolen bikes found.

2/ One less parasite on road.

3/ Satisfaction that you are helping your community.

TROLLEY 07-01-2013 06:15 PM

Sorry to hear.
Insurance isn't sorting out the acquiring of new glass?

09betty 07-01-2013 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=Pimpreza;730652]Thin wire across tracks placed after midnight and removed before 5am, you'll soon "be-head" one or 2 of them.........

1/ Stolen bikes found.

2/ One less parasite on road.

3/ Satisfaction that you are helping your community.[/QUOTE]

Thought about that but that path is used by innocent law abiding citizens so that's out of the question. But in all seriousness any form of retaliation from us and it would just escalate the situation. Hopefully it was just out of boredom and they find better things to do.

Thought i call around first and see how cheap i can get them before calling insurance. I did manage to source both windows for $350 today so i will have a crack at installing it myself.

Cheers guys. Thread can be closed now.

EDIT: Am i supposed to change the thread title to close thread?

GX-REX 07-01-2013 07:43 PM

If you need help installing them, give me a shout. Not done an 09 but done plenty of GC8 windows along with a bunch of other cars when I worked in the panel shop.