Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/wanted/)
-   -   New tyres (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/wanted/68902-new-tyres.html)

nick73 08-09-2017 06:02 PM

That woowoowoowoo noise is pretty common when your tyres a clapped out.

bullet 08-09-2017 07:13 PM

[QUOTE=nick73;848703]That woowoowoowoo noise is pretty common when your tyres a clapped out.[/QUOTE]

I suppose that's a common thing with awd cars.
The tyres aren't to wear marks yet that's why I thought it sounded like a bearing.Well I'll put new tyres and see if the noise goes away.
Is there any reviews on the Nitto tyres are they any good or should I go with Bridgestone.

nick73 08-09-2017 08:25 PM

Speak to Fowler, if you are running any sort of camber he is going to steer you to a symmetrical tyre design so you can flip them left to right to get more longevity from them.

I won't run anything except ad08s on my betty for that reason, and they are an awesome tyre that last reasonably well.

35000km from my last set.

bullet 08-09-2017 09:08 PM

Thanks Nick I have falkens ATM and I think only about 18 -20 thou a set which has been normal on all the tyres I've used in 11 years.
Maybe I'm to rough with my tyres.
Thanks everyone for your replies I'll take all the information on board.
Has anyone heard anything about the airport track and skidpan track days I miss going out there and catching up with the Pwrx people.
Cheers Steve.

ALEX. 08-09-2017 10:24 PM

New tyres

I believe we're approaching the 1 year anniversary of RAC DTEC being needlessly shut down.
Can't see it opening again to anything other than, mmmm, electric vehicle testing.

WRX Club of WA has events at Barbagallo and Collie. With Perth-WRX quietening down lots of that crowd heads to those events now.

As for tyres: I've had many brands' range-topping street tyres over the last decade and honestly they're all comparable for street use.
AD08s are another level but I'm pretty sure not in your budget of $200ea for an 18". BUT, as Nick says if you can get 35,000k's from a set (howwww?) then suddenly that's a good km/$ ratio, especially for a tyre like that.

Let us know how you go!

bullet 08-09-2017 10:56 PM

Cheers Alex.
I think we all miss the airport track you would think that the gov would rather all us rev heads to run a muck at a place like the RAC.
Yes I might look at the more expensive tyres.
One powerball and I'll buy a track so we can all cut looose.
Thanks to all for your replies it's appreciated.
Thanks Steve.

nick73 09-09-2017 09:41 AM

Just checked my build thread, I got 31000km from my ad08s. Only used them at the track for two rac sprints and two skidpan sessions!

You forget I am nearly an old fart Alex, and I need my license for work...

bullet 09-09-2017 10:08 AM

[QUOTE=bullet;848709]Cheers Alex.
I think we all miss the airport track you would think that the gov would rather all us rev heads to run a muck at a place like the RAC.
Yes I might look at the more expensive tyres.
One powerball and I'll buy a track so we can all cut looose.
Thanks to all for your replies it's appreciated.
Thanks Steve.[/QUOTE]

I drove past the RAC on Tuesday it looks like theres not a lot of maintence going on there.
All the grass at the hairpin looks to 3 feet high.
It's a sad loss.