Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Impresiv (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/20600-impresiv.html)

ImPreSiV 12-08-2011 09:42 AM

Suprisingly, there is no 'run in' for this car. First service is at 12500 kms. I will be dropping the oil at 1000kms though, and then depending on the findings, again at 2000, before doing regular 5000km changes.

So basically, it's seen 7k RPM already and being driven the way I want, so it learns how I drive.

Mrs drove it yesterday, didn't even get on boost - she wasn't happy!

Dave, I know!

trainwrex 12-08-2011 09:47 AM

good stuff mate.. iphone pics look good though

gumby 12-08-2011 09:53 AM

Yay, ya finally got it! Congrats Kym. :)

Jimmy S 12-08-2011 10:01 AM

Great stuff Kymbo!!

Many performance engines are run in prior to being put in the cars these days, so you can give it stick from the word go! :D

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh mate!

American Dave 12-08-2011 10:02 AM

pics of skidz are not loading ?

joeman 12-08-2011 10:12 AM

Congrats Kym..
Glad you are happy and look forward to seeing it.

Cheers,

Joe.

Kato 12-08-2011 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;596182]Suprisingly, there is no 'run in' for this car. First service is at 12500 kms. I will be dropping the oil at 1000kms though, and then depending on the findings, again at 2000, before doing regular 5000km changes.

So basically, it's seen 7k RPM already and being driven the way I want, so it learns how I drive.

Mrs drove it yesterday, didn't even get on boost - she wasn't happy!

Dave, I know![/QUOTE]

Run in is basically done at the factory now. I wouldn't be too worried about changing the oil so much at the start or doing 5,000km changes. Save some money and do it as per the Subaru Ninja Engineers have stated. They even give a warranty their advice is so good!

andrewp 12-08-2011 11:28 AM

Congrats on getting the car. I was told the same thing with my betty sti, apparently the engines are good to go straight away. Don't forget the brakes though!

Soksta 12-08-2011 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;596172]But it's missing responsiveness IMO. The Drive By Wire maybe could be the cause of that, and it rattles on the inside on the rear parcel shelf, but Tony (Soksta) had already told me about that[/QUOTE]

Totally agree about the responsiveness, or lack of, after a while you get used to it.

The rattles will get worse over time but thankfully there are a few threads on NASIOC detailing good solutions.

I believe there was a warranty claim for fixing the parcel shelf rattles, but at the end of the day Macey did a bloody good job fixing mine :D

Keep an ear out for the a pillars, centre console and where the seat belts come from, these are the next rattles that I will be attempting to conquer :D

Finally, congrats on the purchase Kym, I know that you will enjoy it! :cool:

ALEX. 12-08-2011 12:57 PM

I sure will miss Kym's regular things that shit me thread/FB status updates about how he doesn't have his car yet!

But seriously, congrats Kym. It's clearly something you've wanted a lot for a long time and now it's in your possession! Have a blast.