Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level
Smile

Hi all,

As some of may have seen a couple of weeks ago there was a thread about some guy wanting to know if it was worth it to go to an invite he had to do hot laps with Dean Herridge in his Tarmac STi at Barbagallo raceway, well long story short James (MY00GC8) from City Subaru was able to get me an invite to this at very short notice. (Big thanks once again James )

Basically it was a day long event which was held by City Subaru in conjunction with Maximum Motorsport (MMS) where appx x15 people got to do hot laps with Dean and also some one on one tips in their owns cars and finally some individual time one the track in small groups of 4 once our confidence was up.

The hot laps with Dean were absolutely awesome and was definitely an experience I'll never forget, most of the time I didnt think he was going to brake at the corners as he was doing it so late but when he did he then powered through them with a little tail end action.

As I had to leave early for the day a kind owner of a new Forestor S offered me his spot in the first group of 4 so I could get out there by myself and then head off straight away.

I had 1 warm up lap 2 hot laps and a warm down lap which was short but sweet and I really look forward to doing it again.

We had the long track on the day and from very close scrutiny of my gopro footage my first hot lap from exactly on the start/finish line was done in 1.21 and my second at 1.16, now I have no idea of what times are the average times or good times are but atleast I got out there to start off what I going to be alot more of these kinds of track experiences for myself with the car.

I definitely felt the second lap was done better but I feel the lines etc weren't as good as they could have been even though it was my first real time at Barbs apart from the slow Rexpo parade lap in 2009 in my sisters 09 XT Foz hahaha.

I know I have a long way to go compared to the guys on here who do this all the time and are very experienced with track work and at Barbs in particular but I felt very happy for my first go.

So that's basically it and I hope to be out there again soon.

Cheers,

Wayne

***I have the gopro footage but it was a fail in positioning on my behalf as I was rushed and the good ole ear busting wind noise is quite annoying but I'll try to edit (no idea how to) out the sound and add some music then pop it up.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 17-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

Quick vid of Dean down the straight giving someone else a hot lap.

Some random quick shots from the day, didnt take too many as was too busy doing other stuff.

Deans car (the 2.5lt) with the 2.0lt in the back ground as a spare.

View of the participants cars lined up on pit lane.

New Liberty and "S" Foz demo cars provided by City Subaru to check out on the day.

Old 17-05-2011, 08:46 AM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

not deans 2.0l in the background it is Graham Iddles car - how do I know? It has our number form Targa Tas on the door not Deans!

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 17-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
It has our number form Targa Tas on the door not Deans!
Bastard!

Good to see you had a great time though wayno!
Old 17-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

Quote:
not deans 2.0l in the background it is Graham Iddles car - how do I know? It has our number form Targa Tas on the door not Deans!
Thanks for clearing it up Shane, If you check I didn't actually say it was Deans.

I wasn't really taking notice of numbers and names etc on cars just heard Rob explaining to one of the guys there that the one parked up was 2.0lt iirc.

Last edited by JDM_STYLE; 17-05-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 17-05-2011, 04:00 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

actually wasn't having a go just commenting and my natural charming morning persona came out in the words.

BTW if you thought tootling around Barbs with Deano is fun you should try it in the dirt with him at full pelt!

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 17-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

Quote:
actually wasn't having a go just commenting and my natural charming morning persona came out in the words.

BTW if you thought tootling around Barbs with Deano is fun you should try it in the dirt with him at full pelt!
Haha all good Shane that's why I didn't go pitbull on ya.

Yeah I can imagine how much more awesome and pants wetting it would be to hit the loose stuff with him.

Old 31-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Scoobie Noobie

etang789 at standard level

Nice S204 you have there! I have one as well!

Your thread has gave me some ideas for mods on my S204!

Do you think the power increase with the ECU tune is worth it? Seems like there aren't much margin left compare to Normal STI...

Have you thought of going with 265/35/18 tires with the RA-R wheels?
Old 31-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

Hiya, what # do you have and what colour is it?

Won't be any difference in a flash tune of the factory ecu to the autronics ecu, it was just my personal preference to use that for the car and have someone I trusted to tune it.

There is a benefit imo to retuning the car as with the stock ecu mine made 202kw atw and with the custom dump and centre pipe with tuning made 221kw atw with a massive increase in torque, the dump/centre certainly made a big difference and retuning just made it possible.

Nah haven't thought about running that size tyre as I'm happy with the 235's.

Start up a "driveway" thread so we can all see your car and any present or future mods as they happen.

Ps: ill actually be in HK for 5days in 2wks time.

Old 17-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Scoobie Noobie

etang789 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_STYLE View Post
Hiya, what # do you have and what colour is it?

Won't be any difference in a flash tune of the factory ecu to the autronics ecu, it was just my personal preference to use that for the car and have someone I trusted to tune it.

There is a benefit imo to retuning the car as with the stock ecu mine made 202kw atw and with the custom dump and centre pipe with tuning made 221kw atw with a massive increase in torque, the dump/centre certainly made a big difference and retuning just made it possible.

Nah haven't thought about running that size tyre as I'm happy with the 235's.

Start up a "driveway" thread so we can all see your car and any present or future mods as they happen.

Ps: ill actually be in HK for 5days in 2wks time.
Actually the 32 S204 sold in Hong Kong do not have the same numbering as the one sold in Japan.

Here is my thread,
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-membe...204-owner.html

I have SARD highflow cat on mine, so I m thinking to have it flash tuned. Good to hear that a tune improve your S204, I will sure look into this. I have just used the Learning View and theres a lot of knocking at stock tune right now, thinking to switch to 1 step colder NGK spark plugs to help the knocking.

The reason that I am looking into 265/35/18 is because it is actually a closer diameter to 235/40/18 than 245/40/18 or 255/40/18... and the previous owner of mine installed these so so NT05 245/40/18 on the car.

Tags
app, cusco, dixcel-fcr acre- superfighter butler-built, grimmspeed, s204