Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

EJ20TLEONE at standard level
Default EJ20T LEONE's rides

Well.. some of you may have seen the pics of the Leone in the Introductions thread, but for those who haven't here it is....

I purchased it only last weekend and haven't really had time to look at it as I work away. So hopefully next weekend will see it running and driving??

It was built some time ago and from what I can work out may have been built by 'Sik Em Rex' in Mandurah. Details are sketchy and I'm trying to find out more.

It is fitted with an EJ20T out of what seems to be an RS Liberty/Legacy and it looks to have some WRX bits on it such as the powersteer pump and intercooler. The box is a 5speed manual and looks to also be an RS or early Rex as well as the rear diff. The rear end has had L-Series rear diff cradle etc and fuel tank fitted to it to accomodate the AWD system. The front end has had the engine crossmember modified to suit the EJ20T especially for the exhaust dump pipe and the gearbox crossmember looks to be a stock Leone one with modifications, there is also an adjustable strut brace in the front.

The intercooler has been modified with the intake pipe relocated to the passenger side at the top and a stainless pipe has been fashioned up and runs from the turbo to it. The exhaust looks to be a full 2.5" stainless system from the dump pipe all the way through.

Externally it has a set of 15" alloys mags fitted and retains the standard 4 stud bolt pattern. It has also recieved the bonnet skin off of an RS Liberty which has been grafted onto the top of the Leone bonnet and has had the small RS scoop fitted as well.

Stepping inside it has a set of aftermarket or JDM front seats fitted to it (although they need refitting correctly due to dodgy mounts) and it has had an 'A' Pillar mount fitted along with 3x Autometer Gauges. The Pièce de résistance is the Leather Porsche steering wheel Why? I don't know

Plans are to get it running, tidy it up and maybe get it rego'd (last rego'd in 2004) depending on how much work and money it needs? I have a major project car already which is in the stages of re-construction so I don't really need to spend a heap of time and money on this one..

As I found it.

Interior shot.

Engine bay.

Engine bay front on.

The turbs.

I will post some more pics up later of where it currently sits.

I'm not a noob when it comes to Subies as I started out back in 1992 as an apprentice for a major Subaru Dealer over East back when RS Liberty's were brand new and WRX's were soon to be released. I remember the dealer trying to run the RS stock out the door to make way for the WRX's release!!

I have also owned an RS Liberty and a GT Forester Luxury spec previously and love the Subaru brand.

I will stick a couple of pics up of some of previous cars, ones of noteable worth that is, as I have had over 35 cars in my 33 years. I need to do a recount to see exactly how many it is

Cheers

Mitch
Old 25-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Here is my old RS Liberty and the GT Forester we had a couple of years ago.

A mate of mine sent me a pic of the RS going up the freeway a month or so ago with a for sale sticker on the back window. I would have sold it about 6 or 7 years ago I rekon?

I bought it from a guy in Perth with one hand (he was still able to change gears though) and drove it back to Kalgoorlie where I did a few mods and put 17's on it along with upgrading to cross drilled and slotted front and rear, UniChip, 15psi of boost, UniFilter pod filter, upgraded fuel system running a Bosch 044, stainless surge tank, Malpassi Regulator and a 3" turbo back mandrel bent mild steel exhaust. It also had the factory WRX head modification done to it with the cut down coil mount (I remember doing these when working for Subaru for 5 years, dodgey factory recall mod although better than when we were drilling the oil galleries out in the early stages). I put dual batteries in it as I had plans of running a BIG stereo (which didn't fully eventuate as I sold it to my next door neighbour) and resprayed the car in two pack, including colour coding lots of stuff like the bumper mouldings and engine components etc.

It was a nice car but after I sold it it got abused a bit by a "P" plater and he unfortunately broke the gearbox and then later on the engine. Not sure who he sold it to or what happened to it after that, but I do know it reached Perth and is still getting around.

I also played with a WRX front bar and was going to graft a WRX scoop into it but never finished as I sold it to buy another vehicle.

The guy I sold it to ended up finishing off the stereo with a red interior theme (not to my taste) and took it to a few shows. Scottie aka 'Fozzy' would remember it from Kal.
Old 25-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Welcome, Nice clean RS.............The Leone should be fun.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 25-10-2009, 05:52 PM

After the RS I went Subaruless for a few years and had a Rota that I built up and was recently featured in Perth Street Car Mag and Fast Fours and Rotaries Mag.

The Mrs and I finally bought a 2001 Forester GT Luxo pack with the heated seats and moon roof sunroof etc. It was an auto for the Mrs to cruise in but it didn't take long for me to start accumulating bits for it with the intention of getting a bit more mumbo out of it. I put a decent stezza in it along with a overhead DVD player for the back seat passengers.

When we bought it.

The mags we put on it.

Some of the mods I had for it. I've still got one of those dash pods at home.

Sold to upgrade to a 120Series Prado and never got around to installing all of the goodies
Old 25-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

Pics of the ''other'' project too Mitch! :P
Old 26-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggz View Post
Pics of the ''other'' project too Mitch! :P
I'll put some pics up of the Prado if you really want me to Muggz

Thought this was a Subie forum not a USMUSCLE forum

Alrighty, as per Muggz request... Like Muggz I am also building up a 68 Camaro which I purchased about a year ago. It was one of thos good from afar but far from good deals and needed some reasonably major repairs and reconstruction.

For starters the floors were pretty well non existant as they had their fair share of rust and the body had to be tidied right up as you would expect for a 40+ year old car.

Anyhow, it is currently awaiting me to pull my finger out and finish it off as I have had the panel and paint work completed and now need to finish reassembly which includes the fitting of lots of new parts.

It will be running a mild 350 Chev with a T350 Box and sits on 20" rear and 18" front COYS C5 rims for a little of that pro-tour look.

It was BLACK and BAD...

On it's way to the panel shop after I stripped it down.

New floor pans in..

Starting to strip and prep for paint.

Almost prepped for paint.

This is the colour it is now. Blood Orange.

In the booth..

And when it arrived back home.

I still have a crap load of work to do to it before it's anywhere near close to being driveable again and I am just about to start the site works for my new shed, so it's been put on the backburner until the shed is all done.

Cheers

Mitch
Old 26-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

camaro looks tuff!
love the leone, ultimate sleeper...rigoli built a 10 second leone, thats the benchmark!

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 26-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Love the Camaro. love to own one some day...

Looks like a fair amount of effort went into the restoration. Any reason you didnt do a RHD conversion on it?
Old 26-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

clearly too much kesh :P
I love that camaro
Old 26-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Love the Camaro... and the Leone will no doubt be loads of fun!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe

Tags
ej20t, leone, rides, rs, sedan, turbo