Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   My garage, 06 rally car (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/35797-my-garage-06-rally-car.html)

matthews 23-07-2010 01:23 PM

Very nice and welcome.

obiwun32 25-07-2010 10:09 PM

Cheers for the feedback, yep the last photo makes me wince a little too. I don't know where to start with a modification list on a Rally car but the basics are

DMS - 5 way adjustable suspension with remote canisters.
Full welded in cage with carlos bars
PPG Dog box 5 speed in 6 speed housing, group N ratios.
Autronic Engine ECU
Motec centre diff controller
33mm restrictor in turbo
Tuned for Shell WR race fuel.
180 rear diff with custom settings
Front mechanical LSD
AP Hydraulic Handbrake
Fire bomb system
Intercooler spray
Spotlights 4x Hella 4000 with HID.
Exhaust, underbody protection ect.

I will add some more pics later.

DAN682 25-07-2010 10:26 PM

It might be a silly question but why do you have a 5 speed in a 6 speed housing?

Is the 6 speed hosing stronger or something?

obiwun32 25-07-2010 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=DAN682;472955]It might be a silly question but why do you have a 5 speed in a 6 speed housing?

Is the 6 speed hosing stronger or something?[/QUOTE]

Not a silly question, the 6 speed Sti box has a very strong housing. then the PPG kit uses bigger straight cut gears and dogs. This setup also has a switch that allows full throttle upshifts, ie if right your foot is flat you can pull on the gear stick and it will cut the ignition for .15sec which takes the load off the gear box and allows you to shift. happy days.

mARC 25-07-2010 10:49 PM

^^^ got a spare one kicking around you can lend me? Happy days indeed :D

_daz_ 25-07-2010 11:03 PM

love seein the Subies out doin what they do best..well except for the last pic, but that's more of a "go hard or go home" dedication IMO

[QUOTE=obiwun32;472957]Not a silly question, the 6 speed Sti box has a very strong housing. then the PPG kit uses bigger straight cut gears and dogs. This setup also has a switch that allows full throttle upshifts, ie if right your foot is flat you can pull on the gear stick and it will cut the ignition for .15sec which takes the load off the gear box and allows you to shift. happy days.[/QUOTE]

sounds exxy...but i imagine it'd be quite useful in rallying and has paid itself off countless times

rubberbudgie 26-07-2010 01:39 AM

Those photos (and the car) are awesome!! Welcome dude :)

DAN682 26-07-2010 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=obiwun32;472957]Not a silly question, the 6 speed Sti box has a very strong housing. then the PPG kit uses bigger straight cut gears and dogs. This setup also has a switch that allows full throttle upshifts, ie if right your foot is flat you can pull on the gear stick and it will cut the ignition for .15sec which takes the load off the gear box and allows you to shift. happy days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun right there!