Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   My wrx (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/36449-my-wrx.html)

Gk_ 21-08-2010 02:20 PM

My wrx

hey guys,

Here is my story.I own a 2004 wrx, i have had this car for few years and it is the first car i have bought. I got it from Ozzy Park Subaru with 49,000 kms, sti tmic and a 3 inch exhaust system everything else was stock. I will be honest when i bought it i did not know much about subarus and have spent every lunch time at work on the net trying to learn something or just dreaming and looking at parts lol.. I have never had a major problem with it apart from the alarm system spinning out one winter and the rocker cover gasket that just started leaking... I love this car and i dont have the heart to sell it so i have decided to mod it a little bit which is why i am posting this up :) i am a little excited.

Over this last year i have been randomly buyin parts for my car and just looking for good deals.This is my everyday car so i want it practical and to look nice for the street. I have been in touch with ASG over the last week or so over emails and phone and today i purchased the last peace to the puzzle to get everything fitted. Well i hope i did :).

[IMG]http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=110&pictureid=1309[/IMG]

This is my little collection, APS dr525 fmic, IhI vf 34 turbo, Avo Silicone turbo inlet pipe, APS 70mm CAI, Deatsch Werks 650cc injectors, HKS BOV, HKS boost control, set of defi guages and other little random bits.. I have a HKS turbo timer that will not be going in because i rather keep my alarm system.. I will be also getting the gasket replaced, bigger fuel pump and tune from ASG. I have a ruff quote for $3400. Does this seem about right? how long will i be with out a car? and most importantly how much HP do you guys think i will get? :) 270?? more?? less??

Very common set up but for everyday use i think it will do me fine for some time...The only other thing i would like to do in the future is maybe get a set of brembo's and nice volks.. My car is not booked at ASG yet but will be soon, i will update this with how it all went

thank for reading, and help will be appreciated

Kato 21-08-2010 06:54 PM

Get some headers while you are at it, should nett you ~300hp.

RUSSGT 21-08-2010 06:59 PM

Nice! Should stick to the sti TMIC but the FMIC will be fine.

peppe 21-08-2010 07:00 PM

how much was the front mount kit u got, thats the style i was after for my gc8. its nice n tight looking.

DZENCI 21-08-2010 07:10 PM

Nice list of mods mate with quality parts aswell.
Looking forward to results once it's tuned with all the goodies you got.

Plenty on here with similar mods, someone should be able to tell you what you should roughly make.

Gk_ 21-08-2010 07:25 PM

Peppe, iv had it laying around the house for some time, but i think around the $1200-$1500. I got it second hand. I dont think APS make anything for subaru anymore :(. If you find one you will need the CAI as well i think

Gk_ 21-08-2010 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;481999]Get some headers while you are at it, should nett you ~300hp.[/QUOTE]

300hp would be very sweet as that was my original target, i might bring it up next time i talk to ASG, How much $$ would i be looking at ??

mARC 21-08-2010 07:37 PM

Nice list of mods there mate, and make sure you get a before and after dyno print out done.

Jordiee 21-08-2010 07:44 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;481999]Get some headers while you are at it, should nett you ~300hp.[/QUOTE]

sorry to hijack
probs will help op though

what are good header brands/designs for an ej207?

Gk_ 21-08-2010 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=MattuZ;482033]looking good mate will be nice to see it finished[/QUOTE]

hey thanks dude, can not wait to get the turbo on :)