Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   The build of the offroad WRX (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/37820-build-offroad-wrx.html)

Pimpreza 18-10-2010 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=mARC;502463]haha seems you made everything at your disposal work for you, bet that saved a bit off your wallet, nice work![/QUOTE]

To be honest it probably owes me about 4-5k as it stands, maybe a little more but I doubt it:D

Julz 18-10-2010 10:01 PM

That is brilliant mate, love your work
I could imagine some of the headaches in a build like this! you have done wonders for 4-5k

Pimpreza 24-10-2010 10:50 PM

Quick update.
We've been doing heaps to the WRX over the past week, well mostly seagull, I'm just his useless lacky, so here's the list.

1/ Changed the bolts on the wheel carrier so the spare sits a bit further from the rear spoiler

2/ Put a 1" lift kit in the front to take the strain off the front axles. the boots lasted less than 3,000kl from new.

3/ Re-mounted the roo bar so it's 10 times more secure and has a nice strong RHS protecting the rad support.

4/ Mounted a recovery point to the RHS which goes back to the front X member

5/ Fitted a tow bar.

6/ Totally changed the induction system, pretty much put it back to stock with a 2.5" or 3" SS snorkel coming soon.

7/ Fitted a 3" TBE system back to the diff then the stock twin tip muffler at the rear.

8/ Put an alloy bash plate on the rear diff.

9/ Measured up the front bash plate which will be fitted after some laser cutting.

10/ Extended the steering knuckle.

11/ The piece de-resistance, Neil re-built the box (92 Liberty hi/lo 3.9) I bought a new Helical front LSD from the states landed for $480, also fitted 4.44 crown wheel & pinion, the box was in excellent condition when split, filled it with Redline Smurf blood.

12/ Ripped the old rear diff out and changed the cw & p to 4.44.

13/ Got rid of the TD05 which came on boost pretty late and dropped a Legacy RS VF8 which will hopefully bring the power on a bit quicker.

14/ Cut the bottom off the front bumper for a bit better ground clearance.

15/ Fitted a 3,000lb MY09 WRX clutch, we still have to work out the point to put the hydraulics so the fork works like a cable set up (cable would be too weak & unreliable)

16/ Modded the center console for the extra stick.

So just a couple of small things left to do and it should be back on the road in a couple of days, it'll be interesting to see how far out the speedo will be with the weird gearing set up but it should be pretty good in the sand with the front LSD & rear viscous.

seagull 24-10-2010 11:07 PM

[B]USELESS[/B]

is an understatementTom trips over his own shadow, Pifft

Pimpreza 24-10-2010 11:35 PM

I'd tell you to go fuck yourself but you do that most days anyhow, goat felcher!!!!

Chrus 25-10-2010 02:58 PM

Smaller turbo and Front LSD should help Tom! Keen to see it being 'reamed' again up and down the dunes :D

seagull 16-05-2012 08:56 PM

lsd was fitted

were is the update

Pimpreza 16-05-2012 09:27 PM

Only the front, works great but needs DCCD fitted but fucked if I'm paying $200 for a switch, I just want on off, nothing in between.