Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Not Another Bugeye!!!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/39019-not-another-bugeye.html)

ImPreSiV 14-04-2011 10:13 PM

Brett, get yourself a set of JDM or ADM STI headlights, paint those side skirts, get foglight covers and STI grill and you are half way there to getting yours to look like an STI. Then you can try making it go and stop like one :)

Brett Allan 14-04-2011 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;556178]Brett, get yourself a set of JDM or ADM STI headlights, paint those side skirts, get foglight covers and STI grill and you are half way there to getting yours to look like an STI. Then you can try making it go and stop like one :)[/QUOTE]

Short n sweet :P sounds like a good plan...but the major decision, performance or looks first...I will also require some Ultrex rims :D...any suggestions about the whereabouts/ place of purchasing an SIT grill? Ive been looking, but can only find for MY06 + and B4 liberty...

The side skirts will be painted when the bumper is re-sprayed, so It will eventually get there :) then in a few years, sell and buy an STI :D

Cheers

Brett :)

munya 15-04-2011 05:26 AM

[QUOTE=Brett Allan;556151]I do love my car to bits, I just need cash to afford the mods I want to make it faster :P..what have u done to yours? :)[/QUOTE]
Just look up wawa's driveway thread have most of my mods listed in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master D 15-04-2011 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=munya;556199]Just look up wawa's driveway thread have most of my mods listed in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Main mod of his is parking it in the garage :-) baaahahahahaha

Seriously though, hes done a bunch of work to it. Its quite a mean bug

Master D 25-04-2011 08:54 AM

Ok,

So the no limits night on last thursday night was a big success.
Car didnt skip a beat the whole night. I Stripped the back of the car out ( trims, Spare wheel etc) and put it on the scales. Ended up being around 1500kgs with full tank + driver. The new brakes were awesome, i used QFM A1RM pads on the front with new discs & whatever is on the rear.

Started off with around 70+sec laps in the first session. After a bit of tuition & courage i ended up nearly matching the instructors time of 63.3secs in the car.
Needless to say im now somewhat hooked on this whole track night idea & cant wait to do it again....and again.... etc.

Now some suspension goodies & time.

Saint_23 25-04-2011 08:59 AM

Well done Dave. Good on you for getting out there.

What suspension changes are you looking at? Is it just stock suspension at the moment?

GTB Liberty 25-04-2011 09:22 AM

Agree with the above Dave - I'd be very happy with that time :D

Master D 25-04-2011 09:26 AM

Yep everything is stock as atm..
Planning on HSD HR's - whiteline F+R sways + ALK & a wheel alignment.

once those are done & i have new tyres ill post the new time :D

i plan on running the federal 595 tyre.. as its part of their Series No limits are running this year.
found the tyre itself to be quite good.. especially for the price.

monkeee 25-04-2011 10:01 AM

Nice D! Should be sweet

GTB Liberty 25-04-2011 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=Master D;559554]Yep everything is stock as atm..
Planning on HSD HR's - whiteline F+R sways + ALK & a wheel alignment.

once those are done & i have new tyres ill post the new time :D

i plan on running the federal 595 tyre.. as its part of their Series No limits are running this year.
found the tyre itself to be quite good.. especially for the price.[/QUOTE]

Throw in a H - brace as well Dave - tightning up the front end is always a benefit. Would work well with the coilovers and sways. Be good to consider the sway end links with the sway bar replacement.