Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
let it go kato, it is not your buisness that is having irreperable damage done to it by acting like that infront of your customers, if he wants to come on here and act like that i say let him, we will see in 6 months if he still has a business!

After some of the posts i have seen from him i wouldn't be going there, and some responses i have seen would indicate that i am not alone!
Old 28-06-2011, 10:53 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

zmk at standard level

Old 28-06-2011, 10:56 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Lol.
Lol? oh i forgot that that was ment to be a funny post, next time i will put a Lol at the end or maybe use a

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 28-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES View Post
It's the Ecutek virus!!!! It's back after killing Jaron's ecu, except this time let's call it Webutek Virus of 2011.
EcuTek wasn't/isn't a virus! It's a god damn plague!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 28-06-2011, 12:56 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Martin Donnon at standard level

Hey guys,
The problem with the exhaust system on Jons car is that in this instance it would look to be (or at least the ECU thinks it is) causing a boost creep issue which generates a P0244 boost control solenoid range performance error in the MY11 WRX ECU. This does not mean it is a bad exhaust. This is probably a very good modification, but attempting to control the boost pressure in the VF52 turbocharger equipped MY11 WRX engine with this exhaust in place proved to be - extremely - difficult, hence we gave the customer back his money - which is the fair thing to do.

I personally wrote the definition for ECUFlash for Jons car and have gone through the code in some detail to find the source of the Target Boost versus Wastegate duty error this car generates, and have adjusted both Initial Duty Cycle, Max Duty Cycle, and Target Boost to keep things in sync, however the vehicle still seemed hell bent on generating a P0244 which indicates a mismatch between the mechanical and software sides of the vehicle - making it something best looked at locally for a resolution. Note Jon reported the vehicle still generated this error with the stock ECU program in place.

As for the 'safeness' of the tune the aim AFR at a full measured 1.1 bar of boost pressure was 11.2:1 AFR with a target timing of 12.98 degrees BTDC which should keep IAM at 1.0 (as it did when road tested with the logs Jon sent me indicating zero presence of detonation) which means that in this initial stage of tune the engine was totally in the 'safe' zone. I am not sure how 'out of whack' that is, but open to constructive input.

I do not know how to interpret the dyno graphs posted on the DynaPac as I generally only use our inhouse Mainline AWD chassis dyno for software development. However it would seem that with the negative readings the graphing was left running when the run was being decelerated. This is obviously what has happened, and yes it does make things look 'funny'. As to how much help this is in a tuning discussion - I am not sure.

Hope that helps clear things up, and good luck with your car Jon.

Last edited by Martin Donnon; 28-06-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 28-06-2011, 01:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

jungleboy at standard level

Martin,

This might be an obvious question, but did you raise the "Boost Limit (Fuel Cut)" threshold? My understanding is if you exceeded this value by a certain amount it generates a P0244 code.

Also if you wrote the definition file for this car, does it have the "knock sum" parameter? As I was under the impression you could still have some knock with IAM remaining at 1.0.

It's hard to say how safe the tune is if it has an AFR of 11.2 and boost of 1.1 bar without knowing what RPM the timing is at 13 deg BTDC. I assume this is peak torque around the 3500 rpm area, if so then that is definately on the safe side.

Thanks for sharing the info though.
Old 28-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
You would have? LOL

Without knowing the control procedure of the dyno and the control environment, you shoot your mouth off?
Stop going menstral with your fantasies.
A+ customer service, would definately use again.
Old 28-06-2011, 02:30 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Martin Donnon at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Martin,
This might be an obvious question, but did you raise the "Boost Limit (Fuel Cut)" threshold? My understanding is if you exceeded this value by a certain amount it generates a P0244 code.

Also if you wrote the definition file for this car, does it have the "knock sum" parameter? As I was under the impression you could still have some knock with IAM remaining at 1.0.

It's hard to say how safe the tune is if it has an AFR of 11.2 and boost of 1.1 bar without knowing what RPM the timing is at 13 deg BTDC. I assume this is peak torque around the 3500 rpm area, if so then that is definately on the safe side.

Thanks for sharing the info though.
No problems mate
I actually dug through the code, found the Boost Sensor Max Voltage, Boost Limit (Fuel Cut), Max MAF voltage, and even the disable for the P0244 itself, but still there was no resolution for the correlation between the boost going away from Target by the actual amount. The problem still occurred at a Max Wastegate duty cycle of no more than 40% at 5000rpm - which is odd to say the least!

As for the logging the Subaru 32 bit ECU uses both FKLC and FKBC to monitor detonation events. You want to keep an eye on FKLC as this is the fine correction and normally retards in instances of -1.4 degrees per measured event and will decount itself several times before an IAM correction takes place. These are not in the current Romraider logging def but are in the new stuff.....which is the new SD card black box logging on offer from Tactrix.

I have written a black box definition for 'Betty White' where out on the track you simply hit the rear demister button and it starts logging all the engine parameters to an SD card at high speed till you turn the demister off again. Its very neat, and something I will incorporate a MY11 configuration for very soon (almost have this complete as its very similar to MY11 Forester)

As per Jons car there is something else at play here in either the hardware or the Rom definition for the vehicle, but there is no obvious solution - however I will keep looking into the code, just for the sport of it (its enjoyable stuff)
Old 28-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

What happens if your rear screen gets misted up Martin!?

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 28-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Doesnt need to see behind him.... Or he has a switch labelled logging which switches the demister on and off :-P

Tags
jon, my11