Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   JamieBlade's Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/45395-jamieblades-driveway.html)

STIMUL8IN 24-11-2012 10:32 AM

Yep, it seems to go pretty well. I took WRXMatt for a spin round the block last night and he said it felt good :) We kept running out of road before topping out though :o

terrar 25-11-2012 06:33 PM

Thanks, I hadn't read your post completely.

I am also looking to improve the stereo without losing all the extra functions. May talk to your Alberts guy. Then it will be an exhaust ..just want the rumble back. After three rumblers you sort of get used to that. Any recommendations you have will be appreciated. - your STI is looking good.

STIMUL8IN 25-11-2012 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=terrar;723494]I am also looking to improve the stereo without losing all the extra functions. May talk to your Alberts guy. Then it will be an exhaust ..just want the rumble back. After three rumblers you sort of get used to that. Any recommendations you have will be appreciated. - your STI is looking good.[/QUOTE]
Thanks mate! Yeah, an Alpine amp (under the passenger seat) and 12" sub in the boot have transformed the stock speakers :D And I highly recommend the Ultrex TBE for nice note without attracting too much attention, but enough to annoy the wife lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terrar 26-11-2012 07:34 AM

Ultrex

Can you advise who fitted the exhaust and did you get a tune. I assume you get both done at the same time?

STIMUL8IN 26-11-2012 09:32 AM

Sure, I intended to fit it myself :o The back part was easy, but you need to get the TMIC off to access the back of the turbo & when I realized this I gave up. Luckily it was booked in at Allstar the next day for the tune, so I rang them in a panic & they kindly fitted the rest of it for me that afternoon, before the tune the next day :)

STIMUL8IN 11-01-2013 11:38 PM

Way too bored waiting for the baby to arrive, so I spent the day doing this...
[YT]HgpGc_30584[/YT]

safe 12-01-2013 01:03 AM

Nice vid...particularly like the under body shot when reversing out of the garage :)

STIMUL8IN 12-01-2013 07:21 AM

[QUOTE=safe;731718]Nice vid...particularly like the under body shot when reversing out of the garage :)[/QUOTE]
Haha, I was really nervous doing that shot. It's my wife's handycam and I couldn't see it in the mirrors. So I just set it up in the middle and kept the steering straight hoping I didn't hear a crunch! When she saw that bit she said, "You drove over my camera?!?!"

ALLPAWS 12-01-2013 08:14 AM

Cool, would like to make a similar vid for my car(s). What software do u use? I don't know a thing about video editing but need to start somewhere . . .

STIMUL8IN 12-01-2013 08:18 AM

That was done on iMovie (Apple). It's the first vid I've ever edited, but iMovie makes it so easy. Need to play with it more to see what it can do...